22

Damon's pov

A lot had happened within 2 days. Esther didn't pull her ritual off. The originals are still alive and I'm sure Esther is fuming. I was able to turn Bonnies mother into a vampire just in time. It completely ruined everything for Esther.

Elena was then set free and Stefan took her home. Elijah even reached out to apologize to Elena. As for Elle, she's still mentally and even physically torturing Alex. It's starting to drive me insane. She needs to quit building this up and just make a damn move already. Explain what her motives are.

On top of all that though...I got information that is going to help us. Absolutely no one can know about this besides the few people we trust. There's still remains of a white oak tree in Mystic Falls. The only tree that can completely kill an original. The wooden sign for Wickery Bridge...who would've thought that'd be made from the white oak tree.

Now we have weapons.

"Hey" I heard and looked to see Alex appear in the doorway.

"They're done" I said and motioned towards the duffel bag next to me and she walked over and looked in.  Inside are stakes we made out of the sign.  Many, many, stakes.

"Wow...why so many?" She said.

"Well...a lot of originals equal a lot of stakes.  Plus backup. One weapon for everyone" I said.

"We're going to be in control of these?" She said.

"Stefan and I will train you guys.  Well...Matt and Elena.  You and Caroline at least are already vampires" I said.

"And what's the plan?" She said.

"If you see an original...kill them" I said and she just stared at me.

"The way you're saying it is making me question this.  You're making it sound like it's easy" She said.

"One screw up and we're done.  So, no...it's not going to be easy at all.  We mess up on one, the rest will immediately know what we're up to." I said and moved the duffel bag somewhere else and then walked back over to her.

"They're still linked together" She said.

"Exactly...we only need to kill one" I said.

"So, then...maybe we can pull it off" She said.

"We're all going to get together soon.  Discuss and plan everything.  Train" I said.

"Okay" She said and then we both heard a noise.  We both look to each other and then I just brush it off.

"How's Alaric?" She said.  Yeah...Alaric is a whole story in itself.  He has this dark alter ego now that takes over and he has no control and kills people.  It has to do with his ring.  He's died so much and come back to life something is starting to effect him.

"He's trying to turn himself in.  Feels guilty for the dark side of him" I said.

"He can't turn himself in.  They'll arrest him" She said.

"Exactly" I said.

"He's not going to do it, right? Elena and Jeremy would freak out" She said.