Breakdown in the Bathroom

Start from the beginning

The food was rapidly consumed, his hunger burning through the sizable portion until he was satisfied

With that need fulfilled, he began a new task that would hopefully be received well. He knew he wouldn't be able to put it in to action for a while yet, but he had a feeling that it would be enjoyed immensely.

Drawn into his work, he didn't notice the minutes flying by, not until he glanced at his phone and realized that it had been close to six hours since the plane had taken off.

That was the spark that lit the flame.

Because when he thought about how many hours had passed, he thought about when the last time she had eaten was.

They had left the hotel around 8:15, arriving at the Starbucks about five minutes later, and leaving at 8:30 to stick to their schedule. She had gotten a sandwich and a drink, enough to serve as a breakfast, but not enough to sustain her for over six hours.

Was she hungry? Did she need to eat? Was she too nervous to ask for food?

No, that was silly. Of course, she wouldn't be nervous about asking for food. She had to know that they would feed her, that they wouldn't let their soulmate go hungry.

But...

But what if she didn't?

The thought rapidly grew, bouncing around in his mind until it was the only thing he could focus on.

He had to ask her right now.

He moved out of his seat, trying to pull on a facade of calm, trying not to let his worry consume him.

Walking down the aisle, he came upon them. They were both peacefully sleeping, and he almost felt bad for disturbing them. The urgent need to know, however, wiped away any guilt he might've felt at his next actions.

"Akari," he whispered, leaning down to gently place his hands on her shoulders. "Akari, wake up."

She didn't budge. Her soft breathing continued, undisturbed by his attempts to rouse her.

"Come on, Akari, you need to wake up," he tried again, lightly shaking her shoulders and trying to keep the worry out of his voice. "Akari."

Her response was a low, "Five more minutes please." Then, she turned away from him and burrowed deeper into the blanket covering her.

It took a solid twenty minutes to pull her from her sleep. He didn't know how the hell Jungkook didn't wake up from what was going on right next to him, but he didn't particularly care at the moment.