TEN

There was a time when Elijah held a soft spot for Elena; he had thought so very highly of her. However, at that very moment, he wasn't sure anymore. He parked his car in front of the high school building with his sister in the passenger seat. She had requested to go, so he offered to give her a ride. But his intentions were not that pure. He knew he needed to speak to Elena. 

He found her standing outside of the building, surprisingly alone, and once her eyes fell on his figure she walked towards him. "Elijah." 

"Would you mind if you accompany me somewhere? We need to talk." She should have known better than to just follow him, but she nodded her head nevertheless. Rebekah watched her brother speaking to the doppelganger with gritted teeth. She didn't know why he was still fawning over her. She found the blonde girl she was looking for sitting under the shade of a tree with a sandwich in hand. She walked to her, "Why are you sitting here?" 

"I'm hiding." She mumbled recognizing the voice. She looked up, tilting her head slightly, "Did you decide to come back to school?"

Rebekah gave a disapproving look towards the ground, the thought of sitting there made her nose scrunch, "I was bored." It was partially true. But the other reason she visited the school was to thank the girl for saving their lives. 

Alexandra nodded her head, got up, and tried to brush off the dust that was on her light blue jeans. "I have a feeling you don't want to sit on the floor." 

"You know I'm still utterly confused as to why you told me about that spell?" 

"Apparently, everybody is." Alexandra shook her head letting out a sigh. "I did what I believed to be right." 

Rebekah felt someone watching them, and when she turned in the direction she sensed it from, she saw Stefan staring with a brooding forehead and knitted brows. She leaned towards Alexandra, narrowing her eyes, "Why is Stefan watching you like a hawk?" 

Alexandra shrugged, "Your guess is as good as mine." She nibbled on her lower lip, pondering whether to tell Rebekah about her earlier encounter with Stefan or not. And after a couple of seconds, she made up her mind and told Rebekah of the first time Stefan was creepy and tried to compel her in the school hallway. 

➽───────────────❥

Elijah was walking with Elena, telling her of the cavern where he met his first werewolf and about his mother telling them about the balance. "I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful and yet when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face."

"I never wanted to betray you, Elijah. I never wanted this to happen." She held his gaze with her doe eyes; Elijah wondered if he had held her on such a high pedestal that she couldn't meet. he wondered if perhaps he was foolish to think she was any different from Katherine or Tatia. "We were told that whatever was going to be in that coffin was going to kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother....We didn't know what to think."

"Since her return, she says she only wants this family whole again." Elijah said in a dejected tone.

"When she sent me that invitation when she asked to see me, I... I thought that maybe she could help. I thought she would help rid us of Klaus. Knowing it wasn't only Klaus she wanted to kill, I was shocked."

"What about Ms. Cameron? How is she involved in any of this?" As far as is knowledge went, Alexandra Fleur Cameron was a mere human, who until recently knew nothing about their world. However, using her blood for a binding spell was a dead giveaway that she was more than that. 

Elena shook her head, "I have no idea. I was shocked to see her there as well." She paused for a second, giving Elijah the time to contemplate her honesty, "I'm so sorry, Elijah. I wish there was something I could do to help."

"You know, one thing I've learned on my time on this Earth...be careful what you wish for." Elijah nodded; he knew the only way to take down his mother was to cut her from her source of power. And Elijah knew exactly how to do that. He broke a hole into the Earth, grabbed Elena, and jumped down the hole with her. 

➽───────────────❥

Rebekah and Alexandra were still standing together when the bell signaling the end of lunch break rang. "Hey, do you want to skip?" Rebekah asked, hoping Alex would agree. They didn't have a lot in common, but Rebekah could say she liked the girl and enjoyed her company. Alexandra looked hesitant, then her eyes fell on Jeremy. She didn't know when he had joined Stefan, but the way they were both looking their way, made her want to flee. She noted, though, that Jeremy's eyes seemed to linger a little bit longer on Rebekah. 

"Dad's probably going to kill me." She said with a shake of her head, "Let's go." Alexandra said with a smile that didn't really reach her eyes. 

They were walking away from the school when Rebekah turned to Alexandra, "You know, I still don't understand why Stefan was suddenly taken by you." 

Alexandra raised an eyebrow, "You're not jealous, are you? Because that would be absolutely ridiculous." Rebekah had told her about the history she shared with the younger Salvatore, and part of her thought they would have been cute together. 

Rebekah shook her head, "It's not like that. Stefan's ship has long since passed." 

"Maybe this is better for you." Alexandra said with a wide grin, "Maybe you deserve someone who appreciates you for who and what you are. Someone who accepts you no matter what, and loved you with humanity on or off." 

Rebekah gave a genuine smile, "Well on that note, I was about to sleep with Damon last night." 

"That's a terrible choice in men if I hadn't seen one." Alexandra said with a chuckle. "What stopped you?" 

Rebekah only shrugged but didn't say anything. "What about you? Interested in anyone?" She asked, trying to change the question. They were currently walking aimlessly down the empty road, with no destination in mind. 

"Yes, your brother."  Something told Alexandra that she couldn't just say that, but she wanted to talk to someone about it, and who would be better than Rebekah. "So, there's this vampire I met." Rebekah seemed excited that they were having this conversation and that Alexandra was opening up to her. "He's different, you know? The way he holds himself and the way he talks. He confuses me to no end though, and he's like centuries-old and I know I'm not really that special to him, considering that he showed interest in another girl." Alexandra was rambling; she didn't even notice that they had gotten into the woods. "We kissed... it was a good kiss." She was lost on how to describe what happened to tell Rebekah so she smiled sheepishly, "I'm rambling." 

Rebekah held a thoughtful look for a small part of the second before she grinned at the girl, "We all ramble when it comes to boys." She tried to assure the girl, "So, you kissed. What happened after that?" 

"He told me he had compelled me before, to be afraid of him." She told Rebekah about her memories of Klaus and the reason he told her for forcing her memories away. Alexandra made sure not to mention his name in any way shape or form. Once she was done with her tale, Rebekah was about to say something when her cell rang. 

"It's Elijah." Rebekah told her and answered. Her face turned serious, and long gone was the teenage girl who was conversing with her. Suddenly, the vicious original vampire was back. "I understand. Don't worry, brother." She hung up and her eyes met Alexandra, "There's a way to stop mother from coming after us again." 

A/N 

Hello beautiful people, 

I hope you find this chapter entertaining as well. I really like the friendship between Rebekah and Alexandra, do you? 

And how would you feel about RebekahxJeremy thingy? I mean, I saw it a couple of times, and I think why not? There's also this thought of adding a gay couple, so I was thinking ElijahxDamon? I have the hots for both lol.

Finally, I appreciate every vote, read, and comment. They all mean the world to me. 

Lots of love, 
Alex xoxo