34

Turns out the dinner had been for Jay to finally get his questions answered and Hyejin was more than happy to answer all of them.

After heading back to the office and seeing her off, Jay clocked out and was headed back home when he got a call Heeseung.

He connected his phone to the car as he started the car and drove off.

"Hey Hyung, why the call? In the mood for a little clubbing? " he asked, thinking his friend was in the mood for partying since it's been a while.

"Jay...." The strain in his voice was clear and it didn't take a genius to know he must have a bottle of alcohol in his other hand.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes" was the only thing he replied and cut off the call, quickly talking a U-turn towards the direction of his friend's house.

"Evening Heejin, where is he? "of all the people living in the Lee household, the only person Jay ever felt truly comfortable speaking with aside from Heeseung was Heejin.

Said girl sighed and pointed up towards the direction of his room. Telling him a quick good luck she went back into the kitchen where she was making herself a snack.

Jay walked up to his friends' door and didn't bother knocking as he stepped in and took the bottle from his friend and placing it on his dresser.

"Let's go" he grabbed his hand and rushed them downstairs then out of the house, getting back into the car he sped off towards his house.

"Where are we going?" Heeseung yawned, looking ready to fall asleep any moment.

"My place, we need a fresh environment for this talk, luckily you have alcohol in your system so you won't be keeping shit to yourself" he answered and Heeseung just hummed in acknowledgement.

"Okay" he giggled laying back on the seat while taking deep breaths.

"You look like you're going to kick the bucket any minute from now" Jay told his friend as they neared their destination.

"No no, life just sucks" Heeseung corrected waving his hand around.

"Well you got that right" Jay nodded as he parked the car in front of the house.

"Come on, into the Jay sanctum we go" he helped his fiend in, lucky he had a high tolerance of alcohol, so it wasn't hard to get him to walk.

"Let's do something hmm? Let's get you a nice bath, comfy pajamas and then you can stay with me in my room, just like the old days" he told his friend, taking him upstairs.

"The old days? don't you ever look back and think they were the best yet the worst?" Heeseung asked and Jay couldn't agree more, a drunk Heeseung definitely made more sense than a sober one.

He was quick to turn on the bath after leaving Heeseung on his bed, putting in a bath bomb he made sure it was the right temperature before going back for his friend.

"You go take a long relaxing bath in the tub, I'll use another bathroom" he said pushing his friend into the bathroom.

"Thanks Jay, you're an angel" he blew a kiss to the younger and stepped into the bathroom. Once Jay was sure his friend had gotten himself settled, he brought out two sets of silk pajamas and laid one on the bed for Heeseung while he went for another bathroom.

When he came back Heeseung was still in the tub, deciding to give him a few extra minutes before getting him out, Jay opened his dressers and brought out extra throw pillows, placing them on the bed.

"Time to get out" he told Heeseung and stretched his hand out so that he could take the pajamas that he picked out.

"Thank you" an apparently soberer Heeseung spoke out and opened the door shortly. He joined Jay on the bed and immediately felt like falling asleep, he forgot how comfortable his bed was, especially with the extra pillows.

Jay handed him some water to drink and they both sat crossed leg in silence until Heeseung was ready to talk to him.

Seeing as his friend looked conflicted, Jay decided to break the ice first.

"Is it Jaeje? is she troubling you? I don't get it" It was obvious who the common denominator in the problem was.

"No it's not that, I....." he drifted off, trying hard to just say something.

"I like her" he settled on.

"Heeseung you've liked a lot of people" Jay replied, not feeling like his friends' answer was enough for his question.

"No Jay, I like her" he stressed and the true meaning behind the statement dawned on Jay.

"Something tells me it's not completely a good thing" Jay said and his friend went quiet again, 

"Jay, my mum..." he really didn't need to go on for Jay to know what he was referring to.

"I know Hyung" Jay said, taking a sip of his own water.

"My father always tells me I'm just like her, it makes me sad cause she was foolish for the things she did, I'm not letting history repeat itself" Heeseung said firmly.

"I'm not going to filter your decision; just know you are not your parents" Jay spoke up.

"Hm, thank you" Heeseung replied as he stifled another yawn.

"Get some sleep Hyung" Jay motioned for him to lay down and Heeseung easily complied.

"I still have no idea what to do" Heeseung said as his eyes drifted.

"You will, promise" he looked back to his friend to see he had already fallen asleep.

Chuckling to himself, he laid down turning himself away from Heeseung as he pulled his phone out.

Me: What's your favourite number?

Mrs. Park: I see you've come again.

Me: Don't be like that Jagiya :( 

Mrs. Park: So, now I'm Jagiya?

Me: Since when were you not?

Mrs. Park: Idiot

Me: Only when it comes to you :)

Mrs. Park: My favourite number is 7

Me: Ah, so like your birthday

Mrs. Park: Mhm

Me: Guess what?

Mrs. Park: What?

Me: That's also my favourite :)

Mrs. Park: Goodnight Mr. Park

Me: Don't go :((((

Mrs. Park: I'll give you a kiss tomorrow if you let me sleep.

Park Stubborn has gone offline