27

Jay walked into his house later that night and immediately face timed all his friends.

"There's a problem" he said immediately as all of them were present.

"What? Did she reject you harshly and resign? " Sunoo asked.

"No you idiot, she agreed to a date" Jay said as Sunoo gasped in realization before giving him a confused look.

"I'm sorry isn't that a good thing? " Jake asked him, scratching his head.

"It's bad if it's roller skating" he said as they all scrunched their faces in pity.

"Why did you ask her to go roller skating? " Sunghoon asked him.

"I didn't, I told her she could pick" Jay replied.

"Why didn't you tell her you're awful at it? " Heeseung questioned.

"I didn't want to take the risk and said yes before I even realized what she was saying, I'm fucked" Jay massaged his head.

"Okay calm down, this could be a good thing" Jungwon told everyone.

"Yes it can, you can just- wait how is it a good thing? " Ni-Ki asked.

"Idiot, okay listen........ "

Jay was currently holding on to the side of the roller skating rink for dear life. Hyejin was trying to respect herself and not burst out laughing at the poor man.

"Why did you agree if you couldn't skate? " she asked taking his hand to guide him.

'Jungwon you sly fucker' he thought, internally smiling.

"I didn't want to seem picky" he answered, trying to retain whatever pride he had left.

"Mhm, maybe you were just too prideful, but with all due respect that went out the door with your awkward confession" Hyejin guided them round the rink and Jay started to get his balance.

"I never did apologize for shouting at you that night" he said sheepishly, grasping her hand tighter. It was still as soft as the first time, Jay hid a blush.

"Okay" she said, stopping the both of them and moving to stand in front of him.

"Huh?" he replied confused.

"Apologize" she hadn't let go of his hand and stared at him expectant.

"Oh okay, I'm sorry for getting angry at you that night, you're private life is non of my business and I had no right to push the boundaries" he said staring right back at her, tone ashamed.

Hyejin continued to stare at him as he bit his lip in a anticipation.

She suddenly moved forward and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you" she whispered, before leading them round the rink again.

There goes Jay's balance.

If you asked Hyejin what she thought she would be doing right now, being on a date with her boss would not even be bottom of the list, it wouldn't be there at all.

But here she was, guiding her boss who was terrible to skating round the rink, hand linked in his.

It was silent for a while after the apology until she heard him cough.

"Are you getting cold?" She asked, checking him over.

"No, um.. " he drifted, looking reluctant to say what he wanted to.

She waited for him before he finally looked back at her.

"It's just your jacket makes you look really cute" he mumured and Hyejin had to suppress a giggle.

"I didn't hear you, could you speak up" she told him.

"I said you look really cute!" He exclaimed as an old couple passed by.

"Sheesh, young people these days" they said skating away.

"I don't think North Korea heard you" she told him, shoving him playfully.

"Don't blame me, I'm not known for complimenting" he said rolling his hand before quickly grasping her hand again, nearly falling on his butt.

"I know" she said bluntly before the music changed and Hyejin's eyes lit up.

"Fairy of shampoo!" She squealed and immediately turned to grasp both of Jay's hands, speeding up as she spinned them both round to the song.

"Hyejin slow down, you can't even see where you're going" Jay screeched, afraid they were going to crash.

"I have an idea" she said before wrapping her hand around Jay's neck.

"Well be a gentle man" she mocked and Jay immediately caught on to what she was saying. He wrapped his hands around her waist tightly.

They stays in the middle of the rink, moving slowly to the song as Jay's eyes didn't leave Hyejin's.

"You're staring" she commented, looking at him in the eyes.

"At someone beautiful" he replied and Hyejin slapped the back of his head lightly.

"Cheesy" she rolled her eyes.

"Only for you" he chuckled.

"You know it was that night in Daegu, we talked and talked and I realized that I had caught feelings, I was worried you wouldn't even consider me with the way I've acted since the beginning" Jay spoke truthfully.

"Hm you weren't wrong to think that way" she said, it seemed she was content moving slightly to the song with him.

"I don't want it to seem like I'm suddenly going to be saying 'I love you' by the end of this date, even I'm not ready for that, if you agree we'll do this slowly, we'll go at your pace" he told her as she smiled at him gratefully.

"We'll work up to the actually dating part, I don't have the energy to be stubborn today" with that she rested her head on his shoulder as the song started to come to a close.

"You know you're still leading us right? " he questioned as she laughed.

"Ruin the mood" she looked up and their eyes met, they moved peacefully as the voices from the song started to become softer.

"I like you a whole lot" he told her and sealed it with kiss.

"How was it? " Sunghoon asked later that night, as they all came over to watch a movie and listen to the gist.

Unfortunately for them, their poor friend was stroking a throw pillow softly, face dazed with a smile as he seemed not to hear him.

"It's finally happened, he's gone mad" Ni-Ki told them.

"It was wonderful!" Jay exclaimed, giving his friend who was next to him a hug.

"What happened?" Sunoo asked, but Jay had gone back to his dazed stare, stroking the throw pillow.

"We aren't getting any gossip tonight, let's just watch Spiderman" Jungwon concluded and played the movie