Chapter 2

"I hate you!"

Jimin made a small noise of sympathy. "Aww, I'm sorry you don't like me right now, but I still like you." He looked up from the 4-year-old who still was not the biggest fan of naptime as he heard the door open to see his co-teacher returning from his lunch hour. Jimin greeted Hoseok with a smile and stood up as the older male walked over to the teacher cabinet to lock his personal belongings up. "Someone's struggling with using their quiet voice right now."

Hoseok made an overexaggerated noise of surprise as he moved to take Jimin's original spot so that the younger male could leave for his lunch break. "Joowon, did we forget how to be quiet during nap time?" He asked the little boy who was now sitting up on his cot.

"I don't want to take a nap!" He exclaimed with furrowed eyebrows. "I hate naptime!"

"You don't have to go to sleep, but you still have to sit quietly on your cot, so we don't wake up the friends who are sleeping."

Jimin locked the cabinet back after grabbing his bag and turned to give Hoseok and Joowon a small wave. "I'll be back in an hour."

"Enjoy your lunch!"

The 24-year-old quickly clocked out and exited the preschool. As he made his way out to the parking lot, he decided that he was in the mood for chicken. His favorite chicken restaurant was just a five-minute walk down the road from the preschool, so he changed directions to head that way.

After ordering his usual meal and receiving his number, he turned around to find a table to sit at only to find a familiar male that he wasn't expecting to see again, especially not at his favorite chicken place. "Fancy seeing you here, Yoongi."

The male looked up at him in obvious surprise. "I didn't think I'd told you my name."

Jimin felt his skin heat up as he remembered he hadn't. "Y-yeah, b-but I wasn't stalking you, I swear. Taehyung told me your name." Yoongi nodded, the corner of his lips raised slightly in a smirk. "N-not that I was asking about you. He was the one asking about you, actually." Jimin bit his lip nervously as he realized that he was probably making it worse. "And now you probably think I'm a creep so I'm just gonna go and totally not wish for the apocalypse to come so I don't have to live in shame."

Yoongi chuckling surprised Jimin. "You're not a creep." Jimin giggled nervously and adjusted the strap of his bag over his shoulder. "Why don't you join me?" Jimin nodded slightly and carefully lowered himself into the chair across from Yoongi, setting his number on the table so whoever would bring his food out when it was ready would be able to find him. "So, you know my name, but I still don't know yours."

"I'm Jimin." The 24-year-old introduced himself, playing with the hem of his t-shirt. "So are you on your lunch break too or..."

Yoongi nodded in response. "Normally I just have food delivered to my studio and eat while I work but today, I just felt like getting out for a bit."

Jimin couldn't help the tiny smile that played at his lips as he subconsciously tilted his head cutely. "Maybe it was fate pushing you to be here so we could run into each other."

"You believe in fate?" Yoongi inquired, tilting his own head.

"You don't?" Jimin countered, raising his eyebrow slightly as if challenging the other male.

The two held eye contact for a considerable amount of time, another smirk making its appearance on Yoongi's face until the slight tension was broken by Jimin's food being dropped off. Jimin thanked the server before arranging his chicken and sides on his plate the way he liked it. They spent the rest of their respective lunch breaks with small talk, sharing stories about their jobs and a few other areas of their life.