Special Chapter

"Isn't this super ironic?"

"What is?" Beomgyu asked as he cocked his pistol and positioned himself.

"You were previously an angel and yet here you are, doing dirty work. And being a law student."

Beomgyu laughed at that and turned to his boyfriend, his golden eye shimmering under the moonlight. "You think all angels are oh so holy? Do you know that we have war angels that kill more brutally than the demons?"

"Hey, focus! And are you even allowed to speak about heaven?"

"What are you worried about?" The corner of Beomgyu's lips tugged up as he pulled the trigger, shooting accurately at his target. The man didn't even get a chance to fight back and now he was dead on the ground. "Also, as long as I don't talk about heaven in detail I guess I'm fine."

"You guess?!"

Beomgyu fired a few more shots at the upcoming men and made sure their path was completely clear before looking at the young man beside him again.

"Anything wrong with that? Taehyun."

Taehyun's breath hitched when Beomgyu locked gazes with him. His captivating golden eye was shining so brightly and he wore a warm smile on his face, his single dimple showing itself. The breeze gently blew through his soft long raven locks, making the older seem more like an animated character rather than a real life being. Dressed in complete black, Beomgyu looked like an angel of death. Taehyun honestly wouldn't mind if Beomgyu was his grim reaper though. He would gladly let him take his soul away. Anyways, that was not the point. Taehyun smacked the older's head.

"Stay alert you idiot."

"Ow! I already cleared everything though."

"I don't care. You're not supposed to let your guard down no matter what. What if they hired backups and are about to ambush us? Ever since you came back, you've been nothing but distracted. You're no longer thorough with your works too. What happened to Mr Perfection?"

"I came back to enjoy life as a human."

"Bullshit. You're for real getting on my nerves."

"I know I always do, it's my job to annoy you."

"I swear to god, stop talking for once."

"God doen't want you to swear at him."

"For fuck's sake!"

"Calm down shorty."

Taehyun had enough. He tackled Beomgyu down onto the ground and performed an ankle lock on him.

"A-ahh!! Taehyun! I got it! I'm sorry so let me go!" Beomgyu yelled as he slapped the ground repeatedly in pain.

Before Taehyun could even react, Beomgyu had pulled out his pistol again and fired at one of the men who had came out of hiding.

"You jinxed it! They really hired people to ambush us!" Beomgyu groaned while still stuck in the same ankle lock position.

"I know you have spidey senses but goddamn it! Stop playing around!" Taehyun scolded as he released Beomgyu.

"You're playing around with me too though" Beomgyu pointed out before getting up to his feet.

"Stop talking!" Taehyun pressed the trigger, firing away at their targets.

"So, whose idea was it to give this mission to that stupid couple?" Soobin asked Yeonjun as he watched everything from a controlled drone and heard their bickers from the in-ears in the comfort of his police car.