10. Found her

"Who the fuck are you?" Beomgyu yelled out loud, startling both Kai and Taehyun.

"I'm Kai?" Kai innocently answered with an unsure tone.

"Beomgyu, you good?" Taehyun asked, eyes filled with concern.

"I-" Beomgyu looked at his friends, not knowing how to explain that he heard RM's voice in his head. It felt like a pain in the ass for him as he knew that both of them would definitely want to know what RM said and it would be troublesome for him to tell them every time after RM shared something. Kai literally told them that RM hadn't contact him since his escape too so why did RM approach him now?

"Oh yes! You're Kai! I just need to use the bathroom real quick!" Beomgyu clapped his hands together before rushing to the bathroom and locking the door. Taehyun and Kai looked at each other, both equally baffled.

Once he was in the bathroom, Beomgyu began to converse with this RM person.

I know you probably have a lot of questions for me. Ask them away. RM spoke in his mind.

"Yeah I do but first, I'd like to say that your ability sucks. This feels weird and awkward as fuck. Do I just speak and think in my mind? Can you see all my thoughts? Don't dig too deep if you can." Beomgyu frowned as he talked, feeling crazy that he was talking to himself in the empty bathroom. He could understand how Kai had felt back then.

He could hear a low chuckle from RM. Don't worry, I can't read your mind. Telepathy is different from mind reading. You don't have to actually talk and voice out your thoughts. You can just share your thoughts with me in your mind. Don't think too deep into it, the telepathy will do all the trick. I won't be able to hear things that you don't want me to so rest assured.

Beomgyu sighed in relief. He definitely did not want RM to go through all his thoughts and memories. All the hiding of his secrets would be in vain if RM did. He didn't need someone to know how obsessed he was with Taehyun too. He thought about the blonde 24/7. If one was able to read his mind, they'd be bombarded with images of Taehyun before they could even reach his secrets anyways. It's a mystery as to how Beomgyu could multitask in his brain. Even during at a time like this, he was still able to leave a small capacity of his mind to think about Taehyun.

He squeezed his eyes shut as he collected his thoughts, sorting them out before he asked his very first... no, third question. Were you the one who tipped the police? Tell me why you did that.

Yes. I was the one who did it. I... no, we needed to confirm your ability. It was indeed my idea to bait you out and make you use your ability... About your friend, Jake, I deeply apologise for that. It was never really my intention. I miscalculated. For your cousin, Yeonjun, too. I wasn't the one who sold your information to the Marusae. Someone else must had seen you but you can blame me for it.

Beomgyu could hear the sincerity in his tone even though they were just sharing thoughts. He was able to determine that he wasn't lying. As much as Beomgyu wanted to blame everything on him, he just couldn't.

Mhm. Who are "we" and why did you need to confirm my ability as an Inaxus?

We are a small organisation that has been collecting information on Marusae for a few years now and helping other Inaxus. Our goal is to destroy the Marusae and we need help from powerful Inaxus like you. You're our last piece to our plan. We had been keeping an eye on you for a while. We only started to contact you now because we are finally ready to commence our plan. I wi-

Who said that I will be helping? Beomgyu cut him off, his tone harsh and cold. Despite still having some questions left unanswered, he didn't want to hear from him anymore. It was clear to him that they were going to use him. He was not going to be manipulated.