21. Beomgyu's sins

Human. Inaxus. Elaxus. Luxis. No. Beomgyu was none of those. Guardian angel. That was who Beomgyu was.

He had always been one. How long had he been working as a guardian angel? He had forgotten. Time flowed differently in heaven. Despite years of experience as a guardian angel, Beomgyu opted for an appearance of a little boy. He used to be highly respected in his department for his hardwork and immaculate love for the humans. As a guardian angel, he protected the humans from the demons. However, they were not allowed to intervene with their fate. They could only drive away the demons that were trying to harm the humans. They were not supposed to do anything more than that. And Beomgyu had no problems with that. Until he was assigned to watch over a young boy.

The moment Beomgyu saw the boy, he felt an instant attraction and connection with him. At that very instant, he knew he was doomed. Even though he loved all the humans, he had never felt something like this before. Angels should not get attached to humans; it was an unspoken rule. But he did. He got attached to the child and this was the first rule he broke.

Beomgyu thought the little boy had the purest and cutest smile. He had such prominent dimples and huge doe eyes that held so much innocence and purity. He loved his eyes. They always sparkled under the night sky, as if he held the whole galaxy in them. Beomgyu would watch from afar, admiring his eyes.

At a very young age, the boy already had a strong personality. He was confident, curious, open minded and forgiving. These personality traits made Beomgyu fell deeper into the abyss of his impeding doom. He couldn't help it. It was so difficult to resist himself from trying to make himself known to the small boy. Beomgyu loved him and wished he could befriend him.

"No matter what, you're not allowed to show yourself in the human world." This was the only phrase that had been keeping him in check. However, he found a little loophole for that. It wouldn't be a problem if he showed up in the boy's dreams, right?

It would be a problem and Beomgyu knew that. Angels should never meddle with human lives, apart from getting rid of the ghosts and demons. But he did it anyways. He showed up in the boy's dreams as his friend. This was the second rule he broke.

He had been discreet about it but it didn't go undetected by the higher ups. However, before they could even punish him for what he did, Beomgyu broke yet another rule.

The little boy's family had been working for a mafia organisation for three generations and was part of the main foundation, which meant that they were always under danger. Their enemies would attack the foundation to break the mafia. And that was what happened. His family got raided in the middle of the night when they had let their guard down. Beomgyu watched as the little boy's parents got cornered by a large mob. He watched as they got killed. He watched as the young boy cowered in fear and got dragged out by the hair by a bulky man. He watched as a gun was pointed to his head.

Beomgyu stopped watching. He materialised himself and made his presence known. Another rule broken.

All guns were pointed towards the sudden presence.

His whole being glowed. His pretty white wings covered the little boy protectively and his golden eyes piercing right through the souls of the grown men.

Seeing an unknown creature appearing in front of them caused a panic shooting. However, none of the bullets were able to reach the mysterious being. They watched in horror as the bullets stopped right before hitting Beomgyu.

"How dare you" Beomgyu's voice bellowed, sending all the men to their knees.

Four rules broken.

Beomgyu's fury made him act without a second thought. He returned the bullets back to them. Returned. That wasn't the best word to describe it because the next thing he knew, he had killed all of them.