5. Kai's confession

"Should I knock him out?" Taehyun whispered to Beomgyu.

"No, what the fuck Taehyun, he's our friend" Beomgyu whisper yelled back.

"At least I tried asking for your permission."

Kai could hear everything. He had his unique sound superpower after all. Permission? Why would Taehyun say that to Beomgyu?

"Kylan, calm down first and listen to us okay? We will explain everything" Beomgyu began. "I mean, I doubt you would want to try escaping anyways." He added.

Kai thought that Beomgyu was so wrong. He could escape easily if he used his Inaxus power. But of course he didn't know Beomgyu was an Inaxus as well with a much more powerful ability. Kai stayed nevertheless, he wanted to know. He nodded and sat back down on the couch.

.
.
.

"So... Beomgyu is the heir to Choi enterprise."

The rest nodded their heads.

"And... as we all know, the Choi family... mafia."

They nodded again.

"Taehyun is Beomgyu's caretaker."

"No what the fuck? He's my bodyguard and butler, not caretaker."

"Okay. And Haruna is a victim of whatever happened last night."

They nodded.

"Okay. I think I've processed everything... but wait, so are you guys together or not?" Kai pointed to Beomgyu and Taehyun.

"Yes."
"No."

"Oh, you meant dating? Then no." Beomgyu said and smiled apologetically.

"I see... you guys aren't hiding anything else from me right?" Kai asked. He knew that he didn't have the rights to ask since he was hiding something from them too but he did it anyways.

"No." Beomgyu replied almost instantly. Even if Beomgyu had wanted to tell Kai about him being an Inaxus, Soobin was there. Thus, he wasn't able to.

Kai sighed. It was a lot to take in. He wondered how his friends would react if he told them about his real identity. He was able to accept theirs but would they be able to accept his? Kai knew that some people were afraid of the Inaxus and had called them mutants. Ah, if only he knew.

Soobin and Yeonjun left at around 5pm since they had tasks to do, leaving the three boys alone again.

"So, you had something to tell us?" Beomgyu brought it up.

"Y-yeah... So I'm actually-"

Before Kai could finish his sentence again, they heard loud cries coming from upstairs; from Beomgyu's bedroom. Beomgyu reacted quickly. He leaped over the sofa and raced up the stairs with Taehyun and Kai following behind. Taehyun saw Beomgyu half cradling Haruna as he drew circles on her back when they entered the room.

"Shhh... It's okay, you're safe now. It's just a nightmare" Beomgyu comforted her. Her cries softened down and she looked at Beomgyu with her tear stained face.

"Want to see magic?" Beomgyu smiled as he wiped her tears away. She slowly nodded her head and looked at him, eyes filled with curiosity.

"Okay, look at that shelf and watch. I will make one of the books float." Haruna did what she was told and watched the shelf. Beomgyu made a fake pulling gesture and one of the books got pulled out. It stayed floated for a few seconds before dropping to the floor. Haruna was amazed by the magic trick and had forgotten about her nightmare. She wanted Beomgyu to do it again. Beomgyu awkwardly laughed and scratched his head. Taehyun was burning holes into the back of his head with his intense glares. Kai frowned and stepped in to inspect the book, wondering what Beomgyu could have used to have done that.