9. Secret voice

Yeonjun's words replayed in Beomgyu's head. Even though Yeonjun couldn't explain much since he was taken into intensive care after that and had been sleeping ever since, Beomgyu could guess what he meant when he had told him that. And he grew anxious. Someone must had seen him and sold the information and they had set up a trap to capture him but Yeonjun's team got hurt in his place. He was no longer safe. And if they were after him, the people around him would no longer be safe too. He needed to leave and stay far away from everyone.  His father ordered Beomgyu and Taehyun to stay low and temporarily rented a simple apartment for them to stay in. They would not go to their school campus anymore too. Once again, Beomgyu blamed himself for the cause of Yeonjun's injuries. He shouldn't have agreed to his suggestion and if only his precognition could have foreseen the event. 

"Taehyun-ah, I'm sorry for dragging you into this..." Beomgyu said as he sat on the couch with his eyes staring into nowhere.

"No, it's alright. It's my job anyways" Taehyun replied from the kitchen.

"Mhm" Beomgyu hummed. It was Taehyun's job alright. He wondered if Taehyun would still stay with him if it wasn't for his job. He shook his head, he shouldn't have such a thought. It would be unfair to Taehyun.

"Do you want cheese on your tteokbokki?" Taehyun asked.

"I thought you should know by now. No." Beomgyu answered and continued to stare into space. Beomgyu's father had rented a studio apartment in the city with only one bed available. Since the city had more people, they thought they'd be safer there as no one would want to cause a ruckus in the city. Beomgyu stared at the screen of his phone and contemplated. Kai. Maybe it would be a wise choice to tell him. They could work together and figure something out. 

Taehyun brought their tteokbokki to the small living room space and handed Beomgyu his portion. Beomgyu mumbled a thanks and ate his food in silence. He had so many worries to think of but his mind was blank. He stared at the wall as he felt for his tteokbokki with his chopsticks. He opened his mouth and sent it in. He chewed slowly and didn't realise that the tteokbokki sauce had dripped onto his shirt. Taehyun watched and grabbed a piece of tissue before wiping his shirt for him.

"Do you need a bib, big baby?" Taehyun raised an eyebrow at Beomgyu.

"Yeah... Wait what?! No! What the fuck?" Beomgyu snapped out of his daze and looked at Taehyun with wide eyes.

"Wait, can you call me that again? Without the word 'big'"

"What? I don't know what you're saying" Taehyun played dumb.

"Okay, didn't know you were stupid." Beomgyu commented, leaving Taehyun in a tight spot.

"Tsk" Taehyun clicked his tongue. "Baby. Happy?"

Beomgyu beamed and nodded his head. Taehyun smiled internally and thought that Beomgyu was easy to please. He thought it was endearing. 

"What's on your mind?" Taehyun asked.

Beomgyu thought for a while. There were too many to count. The Marusae, Kai, and the fact that he hadn't been able to fully explain his precognition power to Taehyun. He had more that he was hiding from him and he wasn't sure if he should spill all of them now. They weren't as major and wouldn't affect anything. Taehyun hadn't ask further as well. Maybe he could keep them to himself for a while more. His main concerns now are the Marusae and Kai.

"Hmm... I was thinking of telling Kai the truth. Since the Marusae knows that I exist now, there isn't a point hiding it from him. And just perhaps, we can help each other out." Beomgyu said carefully and looked at Taehyun.  "It won't be long til they find me again."