19

Third Person POV

Sam walked into the big and loud school. Making his ways through the bright halls filled with kids. Sams eyes were red, and burning from crying the night before. He had bags under his eyes and knew he didn't look well. But he didn't care.

Everything was falling apart, or so it felt like it. Jake was mad at Sam for an unknown reason and Sam got stood up.

Lucky enough, Colby was his first class.

Sam walked in, one of the first students in the classroom due to it still being early. Colby was at his desk filling out paperwork, hearing him come in.

The teacher raised his head and saw Sam. He saw that Sam was visibly upset, he didn't look well at all. He knew Sam was pissed because the blonde didn't respond to him last night, he didn't even look at him.

"Sam" Colby said quickly and stood up, walking over to Sams desk slowly to not look suspicious.

Sam, already being seated, kept his eyes on the desk in front of him. Slouching in his chair, not laying any attention to his teacher.

Colby sighed. "Sam did you do the homework?" he asked. To which Sam yet again, ignored. After a while the teacher nodded. "Meet me after class then." He said and tapped Sams desk, walking back to his own.

Sam scoffed and rolled his eyes, looking away and to the side.

Colby was happy he didn't do his homework though, because now he had a reason to keep Sam after class. It'd be suspicious if he kept him after class for no reason. Though, he did have a reason. He wanted to talk.

—-

Time passes and class was almost over, but not quite yet. The students were working on a sheet.

Every once in a while, Colby would glance at Sam from his desk. Trying to get Sam to look at him.

Sam, already stressed and not being able to focus on the paperwork, sighed and looked up. He saw Colby glancing at him.

Colby mouthed a quick "i'm sorry" to Sam. At this point, the blonde had had enough. Sam scoffed and got up out of his seat , interrupting the silent class as he made his way to the door.

"Sam!" Colby spoke as he got out of his own seat, making his way towards the boy. Slowing himself down as he realized the other students were watching. "Where are you going? Have you finished your paperwork?" Colby asked, trying to play it off.

Sam glared at him for a moment then walked out the door, slamming it behind him.

Colby sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as he usually does. Then spoke up. "Alright everyone, i'll be right back. I expect you to behave on your own, you're almost if not already adults." He said to the other students before rushing out the door and closing it behind him.

Speed walking to find Sam and seeing him walk out the school building, Colby sighed even more.

"Come on Sam this isn't a movie." He said to himself under his breath, still chasing after him.

Colby rushed outside and eventually caught up with Sam, grabbing his arm and turning the boy towards him to see him crying.

"Sam! You cannot walk out of class like that!" Colby said as he raised his voice a bit.

Sam , still crying as much as he could, tried to get his sloppy words out and make them bearable.

"You didn't come! You stood me up!" Sam said in between hiccuped breaths, warm salty tears rushing down his cheeks and coming out of his eyes nonstop.

"You didn't come!" Sam repeated as he hit Colby's chest a few times.

"Sam! Sam calm down and let me explain!" Colby said as he grabbed Sams wrist to stop him from hitting on his chest, pulling the boy closer and wrapping his arms around Sam and into a right hug.

Sam gave up on the punching. Sobbing into his teachers chest. Colby sighed and closed his eyes, rubbing Sams back comfortingly to calm him down.

"Sam i'm sorry. I didn't mean to stand you up, I took a shower and then I- I just fell asleep. It's stupid , I know. I just had so much work to finish that day and my legs were killing me. I was exhausted. I feel terrible for forgetting about our lunch, but I promise it was not on purpose. I'd never do that to you on purpose." Colby said in one breath to get everything in before Sam could run away again.

After a few moments of silence and Sams sniffling , and un even breaths.

He pulled away from Colby slowly, looking at his teachers face with his eyebrows up turned.

"You didn't do it on purpose?" He asked in between hiccuped breaths.

Colby looked at the youngers eyes and sighed again, placing one hand on Sams cold cheek and wiping the tears away with his thumb.

"No, it was an accident."

Sam let out a breath of relief.

——

After a few moments of silence in each other's hold, Colby looked down at Sams pink and plumped lips. But only for a second. Then returned to his eyes.

Sam did the same, making the corner of Colbys mouth turn up a bit.

And in one quick moment, he didn't think. He went for it. Colby quickly put both hands on Sams face and pulled the two into a long, passionate kiss.

The twos heads moving to each side every once in a while, waiting for the other to stop.

And in that one, perfect, moment. They were free. No school, no teachers, no students, no laws. It was Sam and Colby. It's always been Sam and Colby.