Chapter 53 - Tranquil Touches

Start from the beginning

Taro held him too and kissed up to his jaw until he reached his lips, kissing Sage for a long intimate moment. When they separated, Taro's smile laced with a smirk. "Entertained now?"

Sage nodded, unable to find words that wouldn't be a jumble of star-struck sounds. His pink cheeks spoke all the words Taro needed to hear.

"Shall we go somewhere more private?" he whispered, tugging on Sage's waist.

In the dark shadows of Sage's mind, a voice screamed that he was doing something wrong, but he was getting better at ignoring it. "Yes," he replied and followed Taro through the building, silently agreeing that they'd continue where they left off . . . behind closed doors.

The bedroom was warm, and bright from the low winter sun. The light was blinding, but Taro faced the sun and his green eyes gleamed with such beauty that Sage's heart tumbled around his chest. Right there, as the dust floated in the sunbeam, and the warmth touched his back, and the lust gleamed in Taro's eyes- Sage felt in sync with the world. They kissed, and he felt in sync with his body. They touched, and he felt in sync with the universe.

With each kiss, they stepped closer to the bed until they toppled as intertwined affection onto the duvet. Taro climbed on top of him. Sage kissed him back like he needed them as much as his lungs needed air.

Excitement rushed through his veins when Taro laid on top of him and forced an arm under his head and rested his other hand on the side of Sage's face. Each kiss was deep and long and full of meaning. Sage didn't have to keep up or fight to stop himself from feeling overwhelmed. Taro's movements were paced, considerate, and gentle.

Sage wrapped arms around Taro's back and gripped his purple jumper. He was as close as he could get in that moment, yet his hands still searched for the warmth of his skin. As they kissed, his hands lowered until they found where Taro's jumper had risen. His fingers grazed his skin. Taro reacted to it by tightened his arm around him.

Being away from home, away from the public and the responsibilities and his title, Sage felt free to embrace what he wanted, and he wanted all of Taro's attention. His hands raised, feeling each working muscle on his back, each spot and mole, and the shape of his shoulder blades as his hand moved from Sage's face, down his neck and over his chest. Sage wished for Taro to touch his skin too, but the moment he thought about taking Taro's hand and shoving it under his jumper, his heart raced with nerves.

Taro must have felt him tense, because he separated the kiss to stare with big, diluted pupils. "Too much?"

"No," Sage breathed. "I'm just-" I'm overthinking for no reason. He moved his head forwards to catch Taro's lips with his own. Taro accepted it gratefully. They moved as one on top of the bed, kissing and holding one another as closely as possible.

Every time a nervous thought plagued Sage's head, he pushed it away because he didn't want the kissing to end. He felt free and happy with Taro so close, and the affection was a nice change when he spent most of his days riddled with worry. Being touched by someone was also a nice change.

Taro's hand edged down his stomach and gripped his waist, squeezing tenderly. Sage tangled their legs as taro's lips ventured to his neck, kissing and softly tugging on his skin with his teeth until he reached Sage's collar bone and kissed along its curve.

Sage wanted to rip his top off and let him kiss further down his body. He also wanted to kiss Taro in the same way to see if he could make him crave the lust just as much. He held Taro firmly and rolled over. Taro sharply inhaled with surprise. For a moment, their eyes connected, and Sage knew that he didn't have to kiss his neck or grip him in places to spark desire- it was already there, hungry in his eyes.

They kissed again, this time with Sage daring to take the lead. He was doing well until Taro's hands embedded into his curls. Then Sage lost himself, kissing deeper until their tongues shared the same space, and he felt hot under his clothes. He wanted to pull his clothes off and wondered if Taro felt the same. But Taro started slowing their kisses and his arms settled around Sage's neck where he softly rubbed his shoulder.

Sage felt the mood shifting into a much calmer one. He relaxed his kisses too, until they ended up looking at each other between each kiss, smiling, chuckling, and kissing some more.

Sage eventually settled beside him with his head on his shoulder and his arm linked with his. They stared up at the ceiling, listening to the crackling fire and the distant tweeting of birds. Sage soon listened to Taro's breathing, as calm and soft as the snow falling past the glass.

"Coming here was a good idea," Sage said. "Home is so far away. It hardly seems to matter in the mountains."

Taro's thumb gently traced up and down Sage's wrist. Sage watched his green thumbnail shine with each motion. "It's so simple here. I didn't realise how chaotic the Palace was until I was away from it."

"That's my life- chaotic." Sage sighed. "But right now, I just want to lay here while we have the time to do so." The turned onto their sides, looking at each other with the same peaceful expression. Sage felt his eyes begin to close. "I just want it to be like this all the time," he whispered. His eyelids felt heavier, and a warm hand rested on his waist, and then a warm something touched the space between his brows.

"It will be," a voice replied. "One day."