Strength

A few days passed, I kept having reccuring flashbacks of Dan and Harper, nightmares in fact. Crazy twisted ones. I shudder at the though of it. I'm currently at home just pacing around my bedroom. Phil and Dan went out to buy some stuff, I wanted to stay at home. I didn't feel like going out. The room was cold and seemed bigger than usual. I sat down on the bed and rested my head in my hands.

It was getting dark and the boys still weren't back. I switched on the TV as the silence was too deafening for me.
Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I switched the TV off and slowly walked to the doorway. I stood there shaking. I bit my knuckle as I hid behind the door. The footsteps seemed to go into the kitchen and I heard the clean swipe of a knife against the magnet holder. I looked around for a weapon and grabbed my baseball bat. I heard footsteps coming from the kitchen and I could see the faint outline of a man walking towards the bedroom door. I silently gulped down the lump in my throat as I got into attacking position. I hadn't done years of self defense training for nothing...
I stepped out slightly from behind the door. I could see the mans face. He looked in his mid thirties. He was tall. I counted to three in my head before jumping out and hitting him full force on the head. He dropped the knife and I grabbed it. He stood up quickly but I hit him again. I threatened him with the knife but he had already managed to unlock the door and make a run for it. I locked the door and slid down it, my breathing was heavy and my heart was pounding. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed Dan's number.

"Hey babe!" He chirped.
"Dan...come home, please." I stuttered. Dan's tone changed.
"What's happened." He asked. "I'm on my way."
"I'll tell you when you get here. Just hurry up." My voice was shaking and I was sweating. I was trembling. I pulled myself to my feet and sat on the bed and wrapped myself in the fluffy duvet.

****

"Jade!" Dan sighed as he rushed into my room. "What happened." He pulled me into a hug and held me.
"There....was as man." I stammered.
"A man?" Dan looked over at Phil who was sat the other side of me holding my hand.
"What did he do?" Phil questioned.
"He...took the knife and tried to stab me...but I hit him first and...he ran off." I spluttered out. Dan looked across the room to see the knife and the bat lying on the floor.
"Are you okay?" Phil tightened his grip as he saw my hands shaking.
"I will be, I just need to get over the shock." I replied, my voice had calmed down but I was still trembling.