Clockwork

I sat on the park bench just fiddling with my hair and humming my favorite ATL song.

"Hurry up Dan." I muttered to myself. I pulled out my purse and opened it only to find more notes. I opened them one by one.
Pathetic attention whore. Read one.
Kill yourself already! Stated another.
Baggy eyes, here take all of these pills.

I folded them up and put them back in my purse. A tear escaped my eyes and rolled down my cheek.

"Hope you're hungry!" A voice called. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and put on a fake smile.

"Starving." I lied, I felt sick but I can't tell Dan, I've only just met him he won't care!

"This random girl told me to give this to you." Dan grinned and he handed me a folded up piece of card. "Don't worry I didn't open it, I respect confidentiality." He added. I slowly took it from his hand and hesitantly opened it.

You discussing fat piece of nothing, your family must be disgusted to have you as a daughter. Just slit your wrists to save anyone else from seeing your ugly face. Fucking whore.

I stood up quickly and scrunched it up. I threw it on the floor and sat back down. Tears came flooding from my face. A warm hand rested on my thigh and I remembered that Dan was still there.

"Shit I'm really sorry." I stuttered.

"Its okay, what did it say?" Dan asked, he sounded worried.

"Oh nothing. Absolutely nothing." I lied.

"If it was nothing you won't mind me looking then."

"I thought you respected confidentiality?" I muttered.

"Well if nothing made you cry like that then there must be something wrong with you." Dan looked into my hurt eyes and smiled a honey smile. I picked up the paper and shakily handed it to him. His eyes scanned the paper and read the note.

"Oh...my god. Who is doing this?" He gasped. I couldn't find any words so I just shrugged.

"Jade, you need to tell someone!"

"No!" I shouted and snatched the note off him.

"Fine, but if you get any more then you come straight to me, you understand?" He ordered.

****

I woke up the next morning with a terrible feeling. I sat up and flicked on my blue lights. My blue duvets were all scrunched up around my waist and my black pillows were damp from all the tears. I looked around at the posters on my walls, All Time Low, You Me At Six and Paramore. I leaned over and grabbed my phone. I unlocked it and I had a Facebook message.

Facebook User: Are you dead yet you piece of shit.

I deleted the message and locked my phone. I rolled out of bed and grabbed my bag. I pulled out my planner and put my books in. My phone buzzed.

Dan: Morning! Want me to drive you in? X

I smiled slightly and replied.

Me: Yeah okay, thanks. X

I locked my phone and picked up my bag. I grabbed my skinny blue jeans and my black hoodie and I headed down stairs, I didn't feel like eating breakfast, I hadn't eaten properly for a week so I was used to it. I slipped on my black doc martens. I walked down the road and waited for Dan.

5 minutes later he arrived. I opened the door and sat down.

"You okay?" He asked, he studied my eyes and sensed the hurt. "Forget I asked, What's happened?" He continued. I sighed and turned my head to look out the window.

"If someone has been sending you more notes I told you to tell me!" Dan ordered.

"I know." I replied hesitantly.

"Good." Dan softly smiled and put his hand on my knee.