Rescue

"Jade. Jade can you hear me?" A soft woman's voice called. I could feel the light burning though my eyelids. I slowly opened my eyes.

"Jade. Jade can you see me." She pressed a button and another nurse came into the room.

I opened my mouth but no words escaped. I peered down and my hands that were, once again, attached to tubes that were attached to drips.

"What happened?" I asked the nurse who was fiddling about a with my heartbeat monitor.

"We think you might of tried to overdose." She sighed softly. Then, all at once my memory restored. The bullies, the notes, the smoking, the burning, the purging and the phone call. My heart stared racing and pounding like my veins were racetracks.

"Calm down Jade, take deep breaths." The nurse reassured me but I drowned out the sound. The room was suddenly too hot, the bed too hard, the chairs too bright. I felt like someone was restricting my windpipe.

"Jade you're having a panic attack! Please, take deep breaths!"

"I'm trying!" I gasped. She grabbed a syringe and a needle and injected me with something that calmed me. I felt like I could breathe again.

"Where's Dan?" I stuttered.

"I told him to get a coffee. He's been awake for days..."

"Days?" I sat up.

"You have been in a induced coma for four days to help with the recovery." The nurse smiled weakly.

"Oh. Can I see him?" I asked with a tear in my eye.

"He should be back any time soon!" She smiled brighter this time. I nodded.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello J." I heard Dans soft voice and it calmed me better than any drug.

"Dan!" I gasp. He walks over to me, his eyes are bloodshot and bruised with fatigue, his brown hair is messy and dull but he still smiles.

"What happened this time." He sits on the bed in front of me.

"I didn't want to. I was forced to." I cried.

"I know, the phone was still on. I've taken the number to the police." He reassured me.

"Okay. I can't go through another month of rehab." I sighed.

"I know babe." Dan leant over and kissed my forehead. "We're going to get to the bottom of this."

"Okay."

****

"Okay, were going to check your blood and then if it's an all clear we will be able to let you go home today!" The nurse smiled at me as she walked through the door.

"Finally." I sighed.

"Luckily for you we can supply you with almost any blood type so you won't be losing any!" She exclaimed.

"Why's that?" I asked, confused.

"Your blood type is AB+." She replied.

"Oh right." I smiled at her.

"Spiced apple chai for my lady." Dan smirked as he walked into the room with two Starbucks in his hands.

"Ooh lovely!" I smiled. He sat down on the bed beside me and handed me my drink.

"Everything looking good?"

"Yeah, the nurse is taking my bloods and if its clear I can go home... Today!" I grinned at Dan who was cautiously sipping at his white chocolate laté.

"That's great!" Dan grinned back almost splashing his drink everywhere.

"I know!"

****

"All clear." The doctor informed me.

"Better pack my things!" I smiled.

"Just before you go we have a few questions we'd like to ask you." A tall lady in a black and white police uniform stated. I turned around to face her.

"Okay. Can we go into the hospital room?" I asked.

"Of course." The lady smiled.

"So your boyfriend informed us of some death notes and a previous harassment and beating up?" Her voice was smooth but stern.

"Yes. A couple of months back, I started receiving nasty notes. Then on my way home from school one day about 5 people came up to me and beat me up. A couple days later I got some messages saying things like 'I know where you are.' And 'I can see you.' I knew someone was watching me. Then I got a death note. And then I got a call. They said if I didn't overdose on my medication then they would hurt Dan, and I can't let Dan get hurt! He means the world to me." Tears started running out of my eyes. The lady handed me a tissue.

"Thanks." I wiped the tears away and bit my lip.

"Thank you for that, I think it's best if you get home and get some rest, stay with Dan and we'll investigate more tomorrow." She smiled.

"Thank you officer."

Writers Message:
Hello everyone!
I really hope you are enjoying my story so far and thank you for all your support! Love you all! I will try to update regularly!
Love Cara xxx