Probation

I paced around my room, biting my knuckles. I heard a knock on the door. I rushed over to the door and opened it. There stood Dan. His brown hair was curly and his brown eyes were tearful.
"Are you okay?" He asked as he slowly followed me into the flat. "What did you do to your wrist?"
"Well considering the circumstances, no. I could be better. Thanks. And I broke it by punching a wall." I spat. I sat down on the bed and Dan stood in front of me.
"I'm sorry. You have no idea how sorry I am! You're the one good thing in my life and I threw you away and treat you like shit." He crouched down in front of me.
"I know you are Dan." I sighed. "It's just with this whole trust thing."
"I know. But you can trust me." He smiled.
"No. I don't feel like I can trust anyone. It's my mothers fault. She used to hit me and you know. It set off my trust issues."
"I understand." Dan put his hand on my knee.
"Okay." I looked down and Dan's hand and took a hold of it.
"I love you." I smiled through a few tears.
"I love you too Jade." Dan stood up and pulled me into a warm snug hug. Even though what Dan did was discusting, I knew he was sorry and I knew he meant it, and even if I do have trust issues, it isn't his fault. I looked up through my blurry eyes and blinked the tears away. I leaned up and kissed Dan's cheek softly.
"You're on probation." I looked up at him.
"Okay J." He smiled. My phone buzzed on the table. I had a text from Tyler.

Tyler: How's it going? You two back together yet? Xxx

I replied:

Me: He's on probation. xxx

I smiled to myself as I pressed send and I walked over to the black squishy sofa and sat on it. Dan came over with my duvet and we snuggled up into it.
"Have you seen Amity ville?" I smirked.
"No! But I need too!" Dan smiled back.
I flicked on the TV and we watched hours of horror films holding each other in each others arms once again, how it should be. I felt safe again, even if I didn't trust him, I felt safe and I loved him.

****

"Hey sis." Phil was pleased to see me and Dan as I walked through the door.
"Hey!" I replied.
"What do you want for tea?" Phil asked.
"Shall we get a take away." I smiled.
"Okay sure. Chinese?"
"Definitely!" I replied as I walked off with Dan.

I walked into the lounge and lit a scented candle. The candle sent strawberry aromas around the room and a chill tingled down my spine as Dan hugged my waist from behind. There was no light except the gentle flicker of the candle and the lava lamp in the corner. The black sofa stood comfortably in front of a flat screen TV and a big mirror hung over the fireplace, and the candle rested on the mantle piece and flickered away peacefully.
"I love this room." I smiled. "It's so beautiful!"
"Just like you." Dan replied softly. I turned around and gazed into his glossy brown eyes, he smiled and moved his head a bit closer to mine.
"I love you." I whispered, my eyes still attached to his.
"I love you too." He smiled as he leant in and kissed me softly. I smiled into the kiss and deepened it, I felt his arms snaking round my waist and his hand on the small of my back. He held me close and kissed little butterflies on my lips and cheeks. My stomach growled.
"Shit, sorry I'm really hungry!" I laughed as I kissed him again.
"Let get Phil and grab a Chinese." Dan smiled.
"Yep." I blew out the candle.