3.

"THIS ONE TURNS OUT

"THIS ONE TURNS OUT..."

---¤☆¤---

Sliding into the tightly cramped cabin, the rain didn't stop pouring, not even for a split second. The walk to the cabin had been hell. Shutting the door with a loud click, she winces at the noise, praying that it hadn't been as really loud as she thought it was.

She waits a second. Nothing. No complaints. No groans. No curses. No shoes being thrown at her. She was fine. Letting out a small sigh of relief, she slips off her now soaked jacket, throwing it into the dirty hamper. The jacket makes a disgusting sloshing sound.

"Damn rain." She whispers irritatedly, "Should've just camped out on the couches instead."

"Go fish!" Someone whispers loudly, followed by shushing.

The warmth of the cabin greets her exposed arms. Shivering at the sudden burst of warmth, her teeth chattering together. Fuck it was freezing. Kicking off her shoes, a dim light comes somewhere in the back of the room. 

Peeking through the rows of bunks, she found a few kids still up, sitting on the floor with their backs pressed against the mattress. One of them sniffles. Another places a card down on a pile. Thank the Gods it was just a few of them.

"Jeez, you okay?" A quiet voice calls, breaking her trance.

"I⎯What?" She squeaks out.

"I said, you okay? You're soaking wet and are almost turning blue." The voice repeats.

Shit. Had she woken someone up? Slowly turning to the voice, she found that it was Luke who had asked, her heart frantically pounding in her chest. Mega shit. Standing up tall, she flashes him a nervous smile, her face heating up from embarrassment. Has she woken him up? 

"Um⎯Yeah, storm didn't ease up like I had hoped. Sorry if I woke you up, I didn't mean to." She explains, a nervous tone to her voice.

"It's fine. I couldn't sleep anyways." He yawns, "Stupid nightmares, you know?"

"Yeah, so I'll just get my stuff and change now⎯" She nervously laughs.

"Before you go change, Donna got claimed. She moved out an hour ago. You'll be bunking in her old spot." He explains, "But, if you wanna keep your spot, that's fine. I'm sure someone else would be happy to take it."

Furrowing her brows at his words for a second, she had no idea that Donna had gotten claimed. Normally there would be some kind of gossip following someone being claimed. Must have been a last second thing. But, at least she now got a bed. Nodding her head, she leans against the wall, pulling off her soaked socks. Throwing the pair into the hamper filled with her wet clothes.

"Yeah, I'll take her spot." She hums.

"I'll make sure to tell the other's that." He nods, a faint smile on his face.