Sequel update

Hey! It's been a while, so I thought I would update you guys on the sequel.

Don't give up on me yet, lol. I have 18 finished chapters so far, but I'm planning on writing quite a few more. Ran into a hefty amount of writers block and personal things I won't burden you with, but it's coming along.

I figured I'd share with you a couple small details. In the sequel I plan to explore more of Sucrose's and the readers relationship and backstory, which is the one thing I wish I had included more of in the main story.

I'm don't know if the sequel will be as long as this one was, but I hope I can tie up all the loose ends and add more characterization in it. Not to mention the writing is going to be a lot neater, I promise haha. In the meantime, why don't you enjoy this snippet I have for you?

"I didn't know you and Sucrose were like that as kids," Diluc said, a small laugh escaping his lips. "Did she climb that tree with you often?"

"Yeah, she always did. But, of course," I continued before picking a piece and making my move. "As soon as my scrapped knee was patched up and the scolding was over, she ran with me right back to the tree. I don't know if Sucrose went with me because I wanted her to, or if she wanted to. But either way, we weren't very respectful of authority." I laughed a little. "No matter how many times I got hurt or we got caught, it never stopped us from going."

"It's hard to imagine Sucrose like that," Diluc laughed, too. "I haven't talked with her much, she's rather shy. But she didn't strike me as a troublemaker."

"I know. It's strange to me too." I said, a little disappointed. "She just... grew up, I guess. We haven't been as close since then."

"Nothing happened for her to change like that?" Diluc asked, moving a piece before sitting back and watching me. "Siblings don't grow apart for no reason. I... well, if things were different, then maybe Kaeya and I would still be close."

I thought for a moment. About Sucrose and Kaeya. What happened between Diluc and Kaeya was drastic. What happened for Sucrose and I to drift, I wondered?

"She lost her friends. A really long time ago." I said, leaning forward and resting my chin in my hand. "One left with her parents, and the other one changed a lot. I think her grandfather passed away and she took it pretty rough. She ended up breaking things off with Sucrose."

"That's when she began to throw herself into her work." I explained, deep in thought

I remembered waking up late at night to Sucrose at a desk by candlelight, reading and reading until there were no more books in our house left to read. "It's not a bad thing to crave knowledge. Maybe she did it to cope with losing her friends, but... I think, in the end, she only lost me, too."

This isn't the final product of the passage, so I apologize for any errors. But I wanted to give you an idea of how my writing style has changed. Hopefully I can finish the book soon!
Thanks for your support!
<3