Chapter 64: Robin

"You were there the whole time? Is that... why you believed me?" Robin asked, keeping his hands to his side. "You were right there, but you didn't come after us..."
I sighed, remembering the day Diluc and I had gone to the coast in Liyue for a mist flower. I remembered also what Diluc and I had done after, but this wasn't an appropriate time to think about it... "I wouldn't say I believe you for sure. You could be lying, for all I know."
He nodded, looking down. "I... I understand. What should we do?"
"You don't have any sort of plan?" I asked him, rolling my eye.
"Sort of," Robin said, looking back to me nervously. "I have an idea, but it might be a bit hard to pull off."
"What are you thinking?" I glanced over at Charles, who was still tending the bar diligently.
"Since I can go in and get information, we can take out multiple camps at once," Robin said, causing me to raise a brow.
"Just... how many? Why at once?" I asked him, reaching for my quill. I took a scrap of paper and began to list information. If I brought this with me to good hunter... Maybe Aether and Paimon can help us...
"Maybe three," he said, shrugging a little. "I know it seems ambitious, but trust me. If we take out their three main camps, it will be a while before they can fully recuperate. That ways, they won't go after me for a while. Plus, I'm stationed at one of them, so if we can clear it, they might think that I'm a causality."
"You really think that'll work?" I asked, scratching the idea on the paper nevertheless. "They won't check your house, or ask around about you?"
"I... go by a false name," he said, scratching his head. "I introduce myself to hoarders and yourself as Robin, but my real name is Davy. That's what's on my legal documents, everything. But... just call me Robin in public. If they catch my real name, my plan is toast."
"Okay Robin... And your house?" I raised an ear, still wondering about that.
"I'm already planning on moving. Most of my belongings are packed, and I am going to move to Stonegate in Liyue. I even have a house ready," Robin, which I continued to call him, explained.
He trusted me enough to give him his real name, although I never shook the idea that it, too, could be fake. Maybe I was being overly suspicious, but he was a hoarder. Remaining vigilant is how you survive in the world, after all.
"Taking the camps out can get them off Diluc and I's back too... I will do what I can, but how do you expect us to take out camps like that?" I said, still writing down notes. I sighed, supposing I could only hide it for so long. "I cant, not in my condition."
"I know. What if we leaked these locations to the Knights?" He suggested.
"Didn't you want to avoid involving them? And Diluc will be even less happy about that," I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. "However... I do see your point. Where else can we get the forces for it, after all."
"And... and you won't have to lift a finger," he said, smiling weakly. "I'm sure that with all the knights on it, you can stay in the city. I know you don't trust me. I wouldn't trust me, either. So if you're worried about that, you should stay here."
I stopped writing my notes, looking back to him. "When you move, will it be during the attack on the camps?"
Robin raised a brow, sitting up straight. "I... Believe that is the right option. That way they will be too busy to notice I'm gone or come after me. Why do you ask?"
"Do you honestly think you can get there alone?" I asked him, putting my quill down. Looking up to him, he seemed confused. "How can you be sure they won't intercept?"
"They... they don't know about it, why would they?" He said, tilting his head. Then, his eyes widened a little. "What if they find out..."
"Why don't I go with, bringing a friend of course, and make sure you get there?" I said, leaning back in my chair.
"You'd... you would do that?" Robin said, looking up to me with surprise.
"When do you want us to attack the camps? Tomorrow?" I said, not answering his question. I wasn't sure if I cared for Robins safety, he had given me quite a bit of trouble. But to do nothing would be cruel, especially since his daughter was in danger. If she was real, that was.
"I... I think that would be best," He said, moving on as well.
"And I think you'd better get out of here before Diluc gets back," I said, crossing my arms. I lifted a finger for a moment, pointing to the door. "You wont want to be here while I explain who you are."
"Thank you, I..." he stopped, and then stood up. "I'll meet you at the entrance of Springvale tomorrow before sunset."
With that, he hurried to be out the door before Diluc returned. When he left, I sighed. Had I really just risked myself again? But... would doing nothing be even worse than that?