Part 48: stealth mode is buffering

Y/N POV the next morning:
Me and Eret sit down next to the others with proud grins on our faces.
-Hey where were you guys yesterday evening? Hiccup asks.
-Yeah you were out way too late! Snotlout says and I hold up a hand.
-Don't get too heated Snotty, we weren't doing anything that you have on your mind, I say.
-Then what were you doing? Astrid asks.
-They we're with me. Training, Valka joins us and sits down.
-Training for what? Hiccup asks and looks between us three.
-Why don't you two tell them? Valka asks and points to me and Eret.
-You or me? I ask Eret.
-Ladies first, Eret offers and I turn back to the others.
-We we're training on how to save dragons from trappers, I say. Everyone erupt in excitement. They were asking questions all at once.
-Whoa guys! Calm down, I laugh.
-Tell us everything! Fishlegs shouts.
-Alright, we will tell you. So Valka took me and Eret to a trapper boat that she had seen earlier-

Flashback:
We saw the ship in front of us.
-So what happens when we get down there? Eret asked.
-Be discreet. Try to get the dragons out without causing a scene, Valka explained to us.
-Alright... how do we do that? I asked. Valka thought about my question for a couple of seconds before she spoke again.
-Circle, I'll fly down and show you how I would do it, she said and flew down towards the ship. Me and Eret flew so that we soared quietly over the ship. We watched Valka closely as she tiptoed onto the deck and almost danced around the guards and let a dragon out. The dragon was quiet and flew off again. Valka closed the cage before she flew up to us again.
-So there you go. Your turn, don't leave a single dragon behind, Valka reminded us.
-Alright, I said.
-We'll do our best, Eret said and we quickly flew down towards the ship. We did as Valka had shown. Although somewhere along the way we got separated. So we got nervous and I know that heard Eret somehow walk into a cage and whisper shout ow, which almost had us caught. Can't say I was any better. I had bumped right into a guard who almost blew my cover, before I hit him so that he'd fall unconscious before I dragged him into an empty cage and locked him in. Even though we messed up, we managed to get the dragons out. Some of them even followed us home.
End of flashback.

A choir of "wow's" are heard from the table.
-And you two were naturals, Valka praises.
-Why thank you, I say proudly.
-Well what's the point of it? Astrid asks.
-It's so that we can learn and then teach you, I explain.
-Why would you need to teach us? We rule at saving dragons, Tuffnut says cockily.
-Yeah well you always manage to destroy something on the way there, I say.
-What do you mean? Hiccup asks and I send him a look.
-If you think really hard Hiccup... I remind him. He looks confused, before his eyes light up and he lets out an "oh".
-There we go, I say.
-So we're gonna start saving dragons now? Astrid asks.
-Well yeah, I suppose so, Eret shrugs.
-Hiccup? Everyone turns to our chief.
-Well yeah! The more dragons we can save from being killed, the better, Hiccup says and we all cheer.
-So... when does training start? Snotlout asks. We all turn to Valka this time.
-You'll see, she smiles secretly.

Three months later:
It's been three months of intense training almost everyday for the guys. There's been mishaps and delays but they've done a good job. Every dragon that we've managed to save has come back to Berk with us and we've been needing to expand the dragon possibilities and housing.
A common problem we've seen in their technique is that they never had a plan. That and Snotlout has started taking a fancy to Valka extra much since she's been coaching them. It's extremely awkward, especially since she's family.

The guys were so excited for tomorrow night that they stayed up almost all night to plan the perfect attack. And this was because this was sort of a test for them. Me and Eret weren't allowed to help them, but we are gonna observe them alongside Valka. So it turns dark and we head towards a ship of dragons we've been watching for this past week. I shiver in the thought of not seeing exactly where we are and so I fly closer to Eret. Eret grabs my hand and I smile at him. He's gotten a stable job with Gobber as his personal assistant and I'm doing the cheifwork that Hiccup doesn't really get to. I'm ok with it, because it gives me something to do that's not too much but I'm also not just sitting on my butt all day doing nothing. Eret's lips on my hand gets my racing thoughts to stop and he softly kisses the back of my hand. Then he leans up and looks at me. Gods he was so handsome. The moon lights up his eyes under his helmet and I can see the smile on his face through his eyes.

We get closer and closer to the ship so finally we decide to swoop down to observe. Our dragons land carefully on a mast as we look down over the ship. It swayed lightly as the weight of the dragons moved it but it wasn't that noticeable. We watch as Hiccup starts to land and therefore starts their plan. Toothless and him sneaks on the boat, knocking out guards and rescuing dragons. It all goes very well, even though Astrid has to swoop in earlier than planned... that created a whole domino effect of unfortunate events... we watch as the boat and Snotlouts butt literally catches on fire as they all stumble around, not being stealthy at all. I face palm.
-Oh mighty Odín help me, I sigh and Eret snickers. Valka just shakes her head.
-This was not the plan at all, she just states. They finally get all the dragons out as the sun starts peeking from the horizon and the guys lift from the boat and escapes with the dragons. We follow them and when we finally catch up...
-Well I think that went well, Snotlout says proudly.
-"Well"? You think that went well? I ask my stupid little brother.
-Yeah, he scoffs at me.
-Dingus, I say and hit his helmet off of his head so he can't see and fly ahead.
-Honestly Hiccup, I start.
-I know I know, that didn't go too well, he says.
-But it's a learning start, he excuses.
-This was way worse. And where are these dragons gonna go now? I ask.
-They'll live with us until we can find somewhere safe. Just like the others, Hiccup says.
-Yeah... Like the others... I say doubtfully and look back at Eret who only makes a face at me. He shrugs and I shake my head.
-Alright, what's for lunch? Tuffnut asks.