Part 24; Fears

Y/N POV
As fast Snotlout and our parents were under the same roof, he immediately told them about the accident I had with the fire. And dad being dad overreacted and almost went to cut Hiccups head off.
Mom advised me to wrap my arm up with a cloth when I sleep so I wouldn't irritate the burned skin.

Now I'm just wrapping it off of my hand and putting it in water to rewear it once again later today. I open the door to head out for the day but guess who stands there? Eret. I gasp by the surprise and put my hand to my chest. His smile on his lips quickly disappeared when he saw the burned skin. He holds a bouquet of flowers but I am quick to forget it when he grabs my attention.
-What happened? He asks and his fingers gently touches the burnt skin.
-I had an accident yesterday, I say and hiss as he grabs my hand.
-Sorry, he apologizes and rubs his thumb on the back of my hand.
-When did this happen? He asks and I look away as he tries to meet my eyes.
-Yeaterday... you know, when I met Hiccup? I say and look at his hurt eyes. He stayed quiet. He looked as if he is processing every hard decision ever made on this earth. Then his facial expression turned mad.
-I'm gonna have a talk with that little prick, he says, grabbing my good arm and dragging me towards Hiccups'.
-Eret-no, It's ok, I'm fine! I try to talk him out of this.
-No, you're not fine! You're arm is almost burnt to ashes! Eret says as I begin to spot the house of target.
-No, Eret, I'm ok! My arm is fine, it's gonna heal! I say as we approach the door.
-You shouldn't have to heal, he growls and knocks angrily on the door. The door opens and I pray to the gods that Hiccup isn't home. But he is... just my luck.
-Oh, Eret and Y/N! What can I do for you? He asks, oblivious to Erets death glare. Eret quickly, but carefully, pulled up my burnt arm and guilt spread across Hiccups' features.
-Oh... that. I'm so sorry Y/N. I was going to make it up to you tonight, but, uhm... Hiccup trails off.
-It's ok Hiccup. I'm ok, I say.
-What happened? Eret asks.
-I had an experiment, and Y/N was helping me... And I didn't think before I followed through, Hiccup explained. Eret and Hiccup look each other in their eyes and Eret quickly gives up, sighing heavily.
-I'm just glad she's ok, Eret says and lets me go.
-I told you I was ok, I say and carefully put my good hand on Eret's big arm. He smiles softly at me and looks down on the ground.
-Oh! And these... He says and hold out the flowers to me.
-Are for you, he says and his face turns pink. Well... I shouldn't say anything, my face was probably redder than a beet.
-For me Eret...? Really? I ask and take the bouquet in my hands.
-Yes, I-I wanted you to have them, he says and scratches his neck. We look into each other's eyes and I just can't believe how lucky I am to have met this man. He smiles shyly at me and I hide my smile by "smelling" the flowers. Eret puts his hand on my cheek and rubs his thumb against my cheekbone.
-Is this something you can take elsewhere? I have to make gloves to not ruin Y/N's arm, again, Hiccup teases and we look towards him.
-Oh-Oh! Absolutely Hiccup, we won't take up more of your time! Eret says quickly and picks me up by the waist. I let out a surprised yelp.

Hiccup waves goodbye and closes the door as Eret walks me down the hill and into town, when he finally realized that he was still holding me up.
-Oh, sorry, sorry, he apologizes and puts me down. I giggle.
-I won't do that again, he says and becomes red.
-No, it was fun. I enjoyed it, I laugh and look at the flowers in my hand.
-Thank you... for the flowers, I say and hold them up. Eret smiles.
-Anyday... he says as we stare into each other's eyes again.

-Oi!
Of course, the only boy that can ruin any moment....
-Snotlout.... I whisper to Eret, who quickly look towards my brother. Snotlout glares at Eret, and the only thing Eret can do is smile awkwardly.
-What're you doing out? Snotlout asks me.
-I was going to go for a walk, but Eret got in the way, I say and teasingly nudge Eret in his side, making him chuckle. But the death glare he received from my brother, made him quiet down quickly.
-You shouldn't be out! You know that particles in the air could irritate your skin! Snotlout says and I look down on my hand. And now it was almost shining in the color red.
-I should help you with that, Eret says and leads me away.
-You better! I don't want any funny business! Snotlout yells after us after we turn a corner. He opens the door for me and carefully helps me sit down on a chair.
-Honestly, Eret. You're treating me like I'm disabled! I laughs as he lets my arm go.
-What kind of boyfriend would I be if I wasn't? He chuckles. I shake my hand.
-The aloe Vera plant needs to be cut in the length and the fruit needs to cut out of the fruit, I instruct and point at the plant. Eret nods and cuts up the fruit. He carefully gives me the slimy fruits and I carefully lubricate my hand and arm.
-I have the cloth in the bowl of water over there, I say and point across the kitchen. Eret nods and fetched me it. Before I can grab it, he starts to wrap my arm. And he does it in eerie silence.

-Why are you so quiet? I ask and he looks up to meet my gaze.
-It's scaring me, I say and pout teasingly. He shakes his head.
-I was worried... I thought that maybe... d/n, or, or som other dragon had... He stammers and sighs before tying a knot on the cloth and sitting down on the chair beside me. I furrow my brows.
-I was worried... He says and grabs my burnt hand in both of his big ones.
-Why? I ask. He sighs weakly.
-I just... I have lived long enough to know what a burn mark looks like. I just thought... maybe a dragon slipped up? He explains and bows his head down. I put my good hand on his shoulder. He looks back up at me.
-I mean, I... I was scared that you'd end up with a scar like mine, he says and I remeber the scar he wore on his chest. I try to smile comfortingly.
-I wouldn't let a dragon get that far... Not with toothless, or you, around, I smile. Eret smiles back.
-You really know exactly what to say to make me feel better, Eret says and smiles slightly.
-What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't? I mimic him. He chuckles lightheartedly.

-You're the best, he says as he stands in the doorway, on his way out to let me rest.
-I know, I confidently and flip my hair. He chuckles and stares at me. I can't help but stare back. His jaw was relaxed. He smiles and his eyes looks like they've sailed over troubled waters...
I quickly pull him into a hug, which he returns.
-I'll see you tomorrow? He asks and rests his chin on my head.
-Yeah, I'll try to help as much as I can, I say and smile. He pulls away from me and backs away from the house. He waves at me when he's gone a couple of meters. I blow him a kiss in return. He jokingly pretends to catch it and puts it to his heart, making my face become as hot as a wildfire.

-Oh, get a room! I can hear Ruffnut's annoyed voice in the distance. I snicker and close the door as I head up to my bed and take a nap.