Chapter 10: Meeting the family

Y/N POV:
Snotlout walk lazily down the stairs, until he spots Eret. Then he straightens his back and walks really weird until he sits down in his chair and crosses his arms.
-I had almost forgot Snotlout was your brother... Eret whispers to me.
-Eh, everyone does every now and then... He used to think I was adopted, I whisper back as mom places the food onto the table. We all grab some food and begin eating.
After a while dad decides to break the comfortable silence.
-So, Eret... What did you say that you worked with before coming here?
-Dad! I scold.
-No, Y/N, it's ok. I worked as a dragon hunter. It was work I took after my father, Eret answers. Dad nods his head.
- What made you decide to come here? Work? Enemies? A girl? Dad asks and I almost spit out the food in my mouth. Eret looks concerned at me and I clear my throat.
-No, It was a new start. To do something I actually want to do, instead of following my father, Eret answers. Dad looks surprised. Snotlout scoffs.
-Yeah sure... Snotlout says.
-Snotlout! Don't be rude! Mom says and pinches Snotlouts ear. I grin at him. He sticks out his tongue and I stick mine out back. Eret laughs at our tactics.
-You know, for a twenty five year old, you're quite immature, Eret says and laughs.
-Well, that's what you get when you have an immature little brother, I say and grin at a pouting Snotlout. Eret chuckles and we continue eating and small chatting.

Even when dinner is done, we chat.
Until I almost fall asleep with my face in my hands.
-Woah, Y/N, are you ok? Eret asks.
-Yeah, I'm just really tired... I didn't fall asleep as fast as I got home, like the snore king over there, I say and point to Snotlout.
-Maybe you should go to bed, Eret says. I nod and stretch before standing up.
-Dinner was great mom. Goodnight dad. Goodnight Snotlout, I say before Eret walks behind me and I take a step up the stairs. But I hear a chair scrape against the floor and quick steps behind me. I turn around and see Eret being blocked from going up the stairs by Snotlout.
-What are you doing? I ask.
-He is not following you up to your room! He says.
-Snotlout, I can take care of myself! I say and cross my arms.
-No doubts about that sis, but he's not going up to your room, Snotlout says.
-Our room, idiot, I correct. I sigh when Eret looks confused at me.
-Ok, move, I say and nudge Snotlout to the side and I lead Eret to the door.
-Well, I should go to sleep too, Eret says confused. I open the door and he turns around and looks at me. I sigh.
-I'm sorry, but I don't trust you with mr protective and son in the same room without me, I say. Eret chuckles and grins at me.
-So... flying lessons tomorrow? Eret asks. I nod in confirmation and smile.
-Flying lessons tomorrow, I say. I stand on my top toes and reach around his neck, hugging him tightly. I feel him stiffen before returning the embrace. We let go and he smiles.
-See you tomorrow, he says.
-Yeah... see ya tomorrow... I say.
-Bye, he says before turning around and walking away.
-Bye, I say and close the door. I sigh and turn around and see Snotlout and dad looking protectively over me.
-C'mon, let me have my own life! I laugh and walk up the stairs.
-Love you all! Goodnight! I say.
-Goodnight! The trio downstairs shouts back and I fall onto my bed and fall asleep as fast as my head hit the pillow.