Chapter 46: Prom Dance

Nobody's POV:

"Shinobu, do you want to dance with me?" Giyu smiled while sticking his hand out.

Almost everyone was surprised that Giyu of all people would even have the idea of dancing. Tsutako and Sabito couldn't help but smile at how much Giyu have changed, from a young boy that gets into fight quite often to a man with a woman he can truly love and be happy with. Shinobu on the other hand felt like crying, but it was out of happiness and no tears came out.

"Yes. I would love to dance with you." Shinobu had a massive smile on her face.

Shinobu gently took his hand, and the two went to the middle with all lights but one were turned off, and the one wasn't turned off focused on Giyu and Shinobu. Giyu placed his right hand on her back, and he held Shinobu's right hand his left hand and Shinobu on the other hand, placed her hand onto Giyu's right shoulder.

"Are you ready, Shinobu?" Giyu asked.

"Of course." Shinobu smiled, and the two started dancing slowly.

The two were dancing in slowly, but smoothly. As they moving around with the light following them, Giyu then released his right hand and moved pulled back and raised his left high, and Shinobu knew exactly what Giyu was trying to do, so she responds by slowly spinning around a few times. After spinning, Shinobu placed her hand on Giyu's shoulder once again and danced again with in the basic way.

"Wow. Look at those two go. Man, Giyu is almost an entirely different person." Sabito said.

"I know. But that is what makes me so happy about it." Tsutako said.

'Giyu, you've always been a pure hearted cheer boy. But as years go by, you've always grown more and more gloomy unlike Sabito and Makomo. But every time I see you look at a random butterfly, you always have that one particular smile I admire. And after everything with the Kamado family and Shinobu, you've finally smiled like before and became the man that our parents and I wanted you to be.' Tsutako thought.

"I wanna dance as well." Nezuko said

"I do too, but let's at least wait for Giyu Nii-San and Shinobu-San." Tanjiro replied.

As the two were dancing, Shinobu simply stared at Giyu's eyes, but as she was staring, Shinobu began thinking about the day Giyu saved her when they were just kids. She wondered how different things if it was Sabito or Makomo who saved her instead of Giyu. Shinobu thought that no, even if it was Sabito who saved her, she wouldn't be in love with him like how she was in love with Giyu. Shinobu believed that she would've been in love with Giyu regardless.

"Hey Giyu." Shinobu uttered.

"Yes?" Giyu said.

"Remember the day you saved me?" Shinobu asked, making him a little confused at why she would ask this.

"I do. But why do you ask this?" Giyu asked.

"I ask this, because even if it was Sabito who saved me instead of you, I still would've been in love you. Although it probably would've taken a little longer for us to be together, we without a doubt still would've been together." Shinobu answered and Giyu was shocked at her answer.

"Shinobu..." Giyu uttered.

"Giyu. I think that you and I are meant to be, regardless of what happens if the events were different. Giyu, I love you. I will always love you with all my heart." Shinobu smiled, but she started to tear up, making Giyu tear up as well.

"S-Shinobu. T-thank you. I-I love you as much as you do." Giyu cried a little.

"Giyu." Shinobu smiled, and Giyu hugged her and she hugs him back.