Chp 29

Wanda silently reads a book illuminated by her magic. Keeping a close eye on the three asleep on the couch, noticing when anyone's breathing changed or any movements.

After a few hours Wanda saw Yelena jerk in her sleep and mumbling something. Quickly the younger widow's breathing becomes frantic before stopping entirely. Wanda set down her book and knelt next to her sleeping form. Unsure if she should wake Yelena, Wanda slowly reached her hand out towards her.

Before Wanda's hand could reach Yelena's arm Yelena jolted awake and pinned Wanda beneath her on the ground.

Wanda stared into Yelena's eye, staying in the young widow's grasp. Yelena's eyes are glossed over, stuck in some trance.

"You have to breathe Yelena." Wanda says calmly, noticing the familiar face of panic on Yelena's face.

"Yelena breathe." Wanda says more aggressively hoping to get through to her.

Yelena says frozen on top of Wanda as her eyes scan around the room.

Suddenly a commanding voice startles both of them.

"Stand down Widow." Natasha says, standing next to them.

Yelena flinches at the words and starts to shake her head, refusing to look up.

"That is an order Widow. Stand down unless you want to face punishment." Natasha says more sternly.

As if a switch was flipped in Yelena's mind, Yelena slowly crawls off Wanda and kneels on the floor in front of Natasha, still refusing to meet her gaze.

"Wanda go grab a couple pairs of handcuffs." Natasha says, still staring at Yelena.

"Nat I don't think.." Wanda starts but gets cut off.

"Just trust me, please." Natasha says, looking at Wanda.

Wanda quickly grabs a pair and hands it to Natasha.

"You sure about this?" Wanda quietly asks.

"Yes. It will help her." Natasha says before nodding Wanda back to her spot.

"Bedtime Widow." Natasha commands, watching Yelena closely.

Yelena slowly lays down, stretching both arms out above her head.

Natasha quickly uses a pair to handcuff Yelena's hands above her head. Natasha steps on the chain between them not allowing the cuffs to move. "Test." Natasha commands.

Yelena quickly tries to pull against the handcuffs only to not move. Natasha sees Yelena relax a bit, taking a deep breath before closing her eyes.

Natasha quickly heads back to the couch, motioning for Wanda to come next to her.

"She will be okay, just stuck in a memory. It is easier to play along than fight it. She will wake up fine." Natasha says quietly, kissing y/n on the top of the head.

"Sounds like you are speaking from experience." Wanda says keeping a close eye on Natasha.

Natasha offers a shrug in response before meeting Wanda's gaze.

Natasha slowly stretches out her hand to find Wandas. Once she does she drops the second pair of handcuffs in her hand.

"Natasha..." Wanda starts.

"Please Wanda, you saw what I did. Just repeat it. Please." Natasha pleads.

Wanda stares at Natasha. She quickly notices tears growing in Natasha's eyes, causing some to form in hers.