Chp 2

"Woah, isn't that your target?" Wanda says, looking at Natasha with shock. Natasha just nods in response. "What happened?" Wanda asks.

"I've been following her for a week now and something just seemed odd about her. She was clearly raised by people who forced her to kill but it's obvious she doesn't want to anymore. Anyways, I came here to try and talk with her and called her Surge. It was like something snapped inside her, she was just terrified. I was just trying to get her to drop the gun but my Scandinavian languages aren't that great. So I ended up just saying drop to her a lot. Which caused this." Natasha says motioning towards the sleeping woman.

"She's a little?" Wanda says, still wrapping her mind around it.

"Yes, a terrified one." Natasha says looking back at Wanda.

Wanda nods and starts to look around the apartment. "How long did the intel say she's been here?" Wanda asks.

"A couple years at least." Natasha says, not sure what Wanda is getting at.

"So she hasn't dropped for awhile." Wanda says, nodding a bit.

"Is that bad?" Natasha asks looking at her.

"Not necessarily, it just means she will probably stay in the headspace longer. What's your game plan here Nat?" Wanda asks.

"She clearly needs help, Wanda. We were both in her spot, trained to do something we didn't want to do. I can't just leave her here, we aren't the only ones after her. If we don't get her someone else will. Probably causing more danger for her." Natasha says, letting her emotion slip through.

"Spoken like a true caregiver." Wanda says, smiling a bit. Which Natasha shoves her a bit for.

"Okay I'm going to go into town and get some supplies." Wanda says.

"What?" Natasha says, confused why they'd need some.

"Well we have to get her to trust us before we bring her back. Plus I'm hungry and I bet she is too." Wanda motions to y/n sleeping.

"Good point, I'll come with." Natasha says, starting to follow Wanda.

"No you stay here in case she wakes up. It will be good to have someone she recognizes here." Wanda says. "I'll be back in a few minutes." She gets out before walking out the door.

Wanda was right. Well of course she was right. That's why Natasha has insisted it was Wanda who came. She was a natural caregiver, something Nat admired. Though Wanda didn't have a little of her own she always knew what to do and what the little needed. It was second nature to her.

Natasha watches as y/n starts to shift around on the floor a bit. Her eyebrows furrow as she tries to get comfy. Natasha pauses a second debating what to do. But hesitantly walks over to a still sleeping y/n and picks her up in her arms bridal style to move her over to the bed. As she is doing this y/n burrows her head into Natashas neck and grabs onto Natasha's shirt with her free hand.

Natasha tries to slip the sleeping one from her arms but the younger woman's death grip on Natasha doesn't let up. Natasha started to try and strip the hand from her shirt but noticed y/n face start to panic, quickly becoming distressed.

"Okay, okay." Natasha says softly before climbing into the small twin bed with her.

Y/n visibly relaxes next to her. Natasha lays there for a moment before feeling y/n start to cuddle up against her. It doesn't take long before y/n is completely on top of Natasha. With her head protectively tucked in Natashas neck.

Natasha can't help but smile at it. She pauses a moment before wrapping her arms around Y/n and slowly rubbing her back. Whispering sweet nothings to her. Natasha slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep.