CHAPTER 16

THIRD PERSON POV

At sea is the empire's fleet sailing towards the empire, after all, their plans had already come to fruition (or most of them), however, Kaga had not come out of that confrontation unscathed, so Akagi helps deal with Kaga's wounds.

Kaga: (Somewhat irritated) What was that? Did a single enemy plane manage to shoot down my glorious squadron of bombers?

Akagi: Don't move, I can't sterilize your wounds properly.

Kaga: But sister, who is that wretch? She looked a lot like Gray Ghost, even that woman's voice is identical to Enterprise.

Akagi: I'm sure it's a secret Eagle Union project, but she's going to pay me for humiliating me so much while I was giving my speech.

In that Kaga realizes something, Kaga has the most advanced radar among all the ships of the empire, she looks in the direction of the contact of her radar, she frowns and makes a very hostile look at the person she looks at.

Eugene: Ara? Am I interrupting something?

Kaga: You damn.

Eugen: Don't look at me that way, aren't we allies?

Then Eugen jumps up and lands gracefully on the flight deck.

Eugene: Right?

Akagi: (looking at Eugen) Of course we are allies, (Looks at the black mental cube) all our battles are for the good of Red Axis.

Eugen: Controlling those mass-produced siren ships, is that a breakthrough of your secret project? I must admit that our nation has been investigating for years the power to control siren ships and you manage to control them out of nowhere, without a doubt I feel a little depressed.

Akagi: Everything is the will of heaven, in a nutshell, I had Faith.

Eugen: I understand, but I must tell you that in this attack against the base it was very lenient, you could continue and destroy that base, did you worry about those injuries that your sister suffered?

In that Kaga is furious at Eugen's words, Kaga tries to hit Eugen, but Akagi discreetly stops Kaga.

Akagi: It wasn't that, that woman from Eagle Union made an appearance.

Eugene: Lucky E? Without a doubt that woman would be a great problem to our plans.

Akagi: Not only that, but apparently Eagle Union was secretly working on a ship as well.

Eugen: (Doubts) A new ship? This is rare, our information from Eagle Union is perfect, plus there were no plans to work on a new vessel.

Kaga: (mocking tone) Apparently your information was not true.

Eugen: Don't make fun, this is serious. What do you know about that new ship?

Akagi: It's an aircraft carrier, it has the ability to carry jet-powered aircraft just like your nation, it also has guided rockets.

Eugen was very worried about this event, missile technology is a project that was very secret and nobody knew about this project, Bismark had declassified this weapon to the Sakura empire, but with another name which is "Guided Rocket".

Eugen: That new kansen is a threat if what you say is true.

Just then a radio transmission arrives.

Zuikaku: [Sempai, I have new information, we have found an Eagle Union fleet in the vicinity.]

Kaga: It's just as Ayanami reported it.

Akagi: I guess we should tease them a bit. [Zuikaku, I want you to attack them, can I trust you?]

Zuikaku: (uncomfortable) [Yes, I understand.]

The radio transmission ends, due to the interception of communications, Akagi did not want to risk the enemy intercepting her communications, this is because the empire's fleet was still close to the territory of Azur Lane.

Akagi: In that case, I'd like to ask you for a favor, Prinz Eugen.

Eugen: What do you want?

Akagi: I'm worried about that new warship from Azur Lane, if that Eagle Union fleet is attacked, that ship is likely to show up.

Eugen: Hmmm, I understand, if I can see that kansen and can eliminate her, it would be a great advantage.

Akagi: If you want, you can take our battleship sailing ahead of us.

Eugen: That won't be necessary, there is an aircraft carrier in my fleet, but I am going to ask Ayanami to be in my fleet.

Akagi: Yes, you can take her.

Eugene: I understand.

Akagi: Well, if my predictions aren't wrong, the fifth division should attack tomorrow morning.

Eugene: Ok.

SUNSET

On the destroyer Ayanami, Ayanami thinks about what happened a day ago, in that Z23 gets on Ayanami's ship.

Ayanami: Nimi, what's wrong?

Z23: We have a mission, you are temporarily transferred to the Iron Blood fleet, please follow us.

Ayanami: Another fight?

Z23: Yes, an enemy fleet is heading for the enemy base, apparently we were ordered to intercept and attack them.

In that Ayanami remembers her encounter with Javelin and her group.

Ayanami: I don't dislike fighting, but I don't like it either.

Z23: (Confused) Please don't be so confused, just follow the orders.

Ayanami: Nimi, do you like to fight?

Z23: What we like is irrelevant, just follow the orders and execute the assigned mission.

Ayanami: (Thoughtfully) Hmmm.

Z23: We are warships, our purpose is to fight and protect the interests of our nations.

Ayanami: I understand that, but what my homeland does is wrong.

Z23: That matter is none of your business, just limit yourself to following the orders without saying anything.

Ayanami looked thoughtfully at the beautiful sunset.

TO BE CONTINUE.........................................