Ch. 57 - LIES OF OMISSION

Start from the beginning

"How do you know that?" He asked and she looked at him with raised eyebrows, "Because you just took a right turn." She said making him furrow his brows and look through the rearview mirror, slightly alarmed.

Not long later, Jordan and Aurora walked around the preserve glancing around, Aurora not realizing her phone was going off back in the car.

"Anything look familiar?" Aurora asked and he sighed and shook his head, "Nothing. I'm trying, but it all looks like woods to me." He said and she glanced around slightly. "You're thinking about it too much. It's something you need to feel." She said and he raised his eyebrows, "How do I do that?" He asked, glancing around again.

Suddenly an idea popped into Aurora's head making her smirk before suddenly throwing a punch towards Jordan which he instantly dodged it and looked at her shocked. "What was that for?" He asked and she smiled, "To get you to stop thinking." She said as she pulled her arm back before going trying to punch him a couple more times which he blocked.

"Is this supposed to motivate me?" He asked and she chuckled and shook her head, "It's supposed to get you to stop thinking." She said as she kicked his side. He groaned but also chuckled as he shook his head slightly before smirking at her while raising his arms up. She smiled before trying to kick him again but he ducked making her leg go over his head.

She threw a punch but he stepped back and chuckled, noticing that she was having fun. She threw some more punches and kicks which he either dodged or blocked until she threw another punch but he caught her wrist. She smiled before throwing her other arm out but he caught that one too before pulling her closer to him.

They stared at each other, breathlessly and chest to chest. Aurora glanced down at Jordan lips and back to his eyes. Jordan ducked down, pressing his lips to her making her instantly kiss back as he let her arms go to grab her hips, pulling her as close as he could. She gently cup his face as their lips moved in sync until they both needed air.

When they pulled away Aurora open her eyes to see Jordan slowly opening his eyes. But instead of his normal green they where a fiery orange. Slowly, he turned his head to look off in a direction making her follow his line of sight to see past a few trees was the Nemeton. Lined with bodies of past chimeras.

🎭

"I need to call it in. No, I need to turn myself in." Jordan said as they were walking back to the car and Aurora shook her head, grabbing his arm, "That's a good idea, Jordan. You know that." Aurora said making him sigh.

"You just told me I'm the one taking the bodies! I've attacked other law enforcement officers- that's a criminal offense. I shouldn't even be near you and you definitely shouldn't let me near your kids." He said and she scoffed lightly while making him stop, "I'm not afraid of you." She said and he shook his head.

"I'm afraid of me." He said and she sighed slightly while grabbing his hands, "Whatever's happening seems to only happen when there's a body. Other than that, you're still a great guy, and you're a damn good deputy." She said.

"I'm a very good deputy, and I'd like to stay that way. Flipping over Jeeps and attacking colleagues doesn't exactly fit with 'protect and serve'. I'm covering up the bodies of murdered teenagers." He said and she sighed, "You're not covering them up-" She said before realization crossed over her features.

"Or maybe you are..." She said in a slight whisper making him raise his eyebrows, "What?" He asked. "It's the same thing we asked Stilinski to do with Tracy. You're not covering up bodies- you're covering up the supernatural." She said and he shrugged slightly, "What's the difference?" He asked and she raised her eyebrows.

"You're keeping the secret safe. Maybe that's part of what you do." She suggested and he raised his eyebrows, "I'm a deputy!" He said and she shrugged slightly. "Then you're not just a deputy for humans but also a deputy for supernatural. You're not one of the bad guys." She said while gently grabbing his face making him sigh.

"Aurora, you just showed me that my dream was real, but you haven't heard the rest of it... Every time I carry a body to the Nemeton, I put it down and... add to the ones that are already there." He said and she nodded slightly, "How many?" She asked and he sighed.

'Hundreds, Aurora. Hundreds."

🎭

"Hey... What the hell does he think he's doing?" Stilinski asked, walking up to Aurora who was walking back and forth in the station with her arms crossed, "Protecting us." She sighed making him furrow his brows. "From who?" He asked and she shook her head slightly, "Himself."

Stilinski sighed before walking to the holding cell room with Aurora following. They walked in to see Jordan sitting on the seat inside the cell and Stilinski walked over and was about to swipe his car but Jordan shot up. "No!" He said making them look at him, "I get why you sat me at a desk for six months, now..." He said and Stilinski glanced at Aurora who was just staring at Jordan as he walked up to the bars where she stood, placing his hand on top of hers.

"Jordan, we can't keep you in here." Aurora said but Jordan sighed and looked at Stilinski, "There's another body, right?" He asked. "Two, actually." Stilinski said making Aurora sigh, glancing down at the ground before looking back at Jordan who was already looking at her for a moment before looking at Stilinski.

"I'm the one taking them." He said making Stilinski's eyes widen as he looked at Aurora who nodded slightly. "I-I don't know why, and I definitely don't remember doing it... But if it really was me at the morgue, then I'm dangerous, okay? You can't let me out, Sheriff." Jordan said before pulling his hand away from Aurora's and turning around.

"You can't."