Ch. 20 - VISIONARY

Aurora's outfit:

Chapter Twenty⊚ Visionary ⊚

Chapter Twenty
Visionary

** Fifteen-year-old Cadence Lahey sat at the dining room table with an eight-year-old Isaac asleep on her. Cadence was dressed in a black dress while Isaac was in a black suit. She stared at a vase of flowers with a distant look on her face when her dad and twin brother walked into the kitchen making her look at them.

"Hey, Isaac." Mr. Lahey said as he lightly shook Isaac's shoulder making Isaac slowly wake up and rub his eyes. Both Cadence and Camden glanced at each other when they saw Isaac's tear stained face while their father sighed. "I think it's time to get you out of the suit and into bed." Mr. Lahey said and Isaac nodded slightly before Cadence helped him off her.

Mr. Lahey walked out with Isaac and after a moment Camden sighed. "Dad said that theres some things he needs to give us. Things mom left us." Camden said and Cadence nodded slightly but didn't say anything. "You think what ever she left us will finally give us the answer as to who was her favorite?" Camden asked making Cadence smile and chuckle softly, "You and I both know that I was her favorite." Cadence said and Camden scoffed.

"I'm the oldest so I was definitely her favorite." He said and Cadence raised her eyebrows, "Older by three minutes. And I was her only daughter so that definitely made me her favorite." She said. "She loved the both of you." Mr. Lahey said as he walked back into the kitchen, now carrying two small boxes.

"Your mother told me when the two of you were born that if she were to ever die before your sixteenth birthday, she would want you guys to have these." Mr. Lahey said as he handed one of the boxes to Cadence and the other to Camden. Cadence stared at the box for a moment before taking a deep breath and opening it.

"Are these the keys to mom's 1970 Challenger?" Camden asked as he pulled out a set of keys from his box, "Yes, and if you crash that car you're ground for life." Mr. Lahey said and Camden smiled, looking at the keys before looking at his sister. "What did she give you?" Camden asked and Cadence smiled softly before pulling out a labradorite crystal necklace.

"Her necklace." Cadence said and Camden smiled, "Yeah, I was definitely her favorite." He said making Cadence roll her eyes while their dad slightly smacked the back of Camden's head. Cadence smiled softly as she stared at the necklace for a moment.

"Hey, guys?" She asked making then look at her, "I wanna start going by Aurora." She said.

A little while later, Aurora stood in front of her mirror as she put her mother's necklace on. The moment the necklace touched her chest it started to glow making her eyebrows furrow. "Hi, my Sleeping Beauty." Someone said making Aurora's eyes widen before she quickly spun around to see her mother standing there.

"Mom?" Aurora said in a slight whisper making her mother smile softly, "How-?" Aurora asked and her mother chuckled. "It's necklace." Her mother said making Aurora glance down at the glowing crystal, "I made a spell on your first birthday. One that if I were to die before I could give you this necklace then my spirit will come to you the moment you put it on." Her mother said and Aurora looked at her confused.