Ch. 48 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS

Aurora's outfit:

•🕯🔮🖤 •

Chapter Forty-Eight💰 Smoke and Mirrors 💰

Chapter Forty-Eight
💰 Smoke and Mirrors 💰

"I still don't like relying on these things." Derek said looking down at all the guns that covered the table. "I get it- you miss your power. I would, too." Braeden said and Derek sighed and shook his head, "It's not about power, it's about being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless." Derek said and Aurora set down the gun she was helping load and grabbed his hand.

"I'm human, Aurora's human beyond her necklace... Do we look helpless?" Breaden said as she finished loading a gun and Derek chuckled, "You're a much better shot than me and Aurora is very good with her magic." Derek said, still deep in thought while Braeden walked away to go do something.

Aurora sighed softly and squeeze his hand, "Do you really think you won't be coming back?" She asked stepping closer to him. "Not alive." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist and she shook her head slightly, "You know I'm not okay with that." Aurora said and he smiled sadly at her and cupped the side of her face, pulling her into a kiss.

Their lips moved in sync for a moment before they pulled away and leaned their foreheads together. "I am... If it saves Scott and Kira." He said, kissing her forehead before looking back down at the table, "But, to be honest, I don't even know if this is enough firepower to take down one Berserker."

"Not even close." Peter said making them look over at he walked down the spiral stairs. "Killing a Berserker is next to impossible. It's not just the firepower, it's breaking the animal spirit from the human." He said as Braeden walked back over to them.

"Well, the only person we know with that kind of experience is Argent, and he's not getting back to any of us." Derek said and Peter shrugged, "Well, then you're going to need help... Like Malia, maybe Liam, and definitely me." Peter said making Aurora cock an eyebrow.

"Did you hit your head or something? Since when do you ever want to help Scott when you don't get anything in return?" She asked making Peter look at her. "I can be very helpful sometimes, Aurora." He said and she huffed slightly, "I disagree." She said before loading a gun.