Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE

Aurora's outfit:

Chapter Twenty-Four⊚ Lunar Eclipse ⊚

Chapter Twenty-Four
Lunar Eclipse

Derek woke up slightly when Cora put a bottle of water up to his lips. He leaned his head back and looked at her in shock, "You're okay." He said and Cora smiled at him. "I'm doing much better than you are right now! And all because of you." She said, "Hopefully not all for nothing..." Peter said making them look over at him.

"The moon is rising, Derek. You drained your battery all the way to the red, and there is a fully-charged Alpha on her way to rip you limb from limb." Peter said and Derek looked at him tiredly, "I'll be fine in a few hours." Derek said as Aurora kneeled down next to him.

"Let's hope so, because a few hours is all that you have." She said as he grabbed her hand.

Lydia by his side, Ethan tentatively approaches Derek. Behind them, Peter, Aurora and Cora keep a careful eye on the twin. "We know about the lunar eclipse. So don't think Kali's going to sit around waiting for it to level the playing field. She's coming. And my brother is coming with her." Ethan explained and Peter nodded, "Good enough for me. Derek, let's get you out of here."

"You want me to run?" Derek asked looking at Peter like he was crazy. "No, I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an Alpha with a psychotic foot fetish." Peter said sarcastically, "Of course, I want you to run. Sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town."

"If you want to fight and die for something, fine with me. But do it for something meaningful." Cora said and Derek look at her and raise his eyebrows slightly, "How do you know I'm going to lose?" He asked.

"We dont, but let's use the fact that there's a Banshee here." Aurora said as she walking towards Lydia, "You know what's going to happen." Aurora said making Lydia look at her. "I don't know anything." She said and Aurora raised her eyebrows, "What do you feel?" Aurora asked and Lydia took a deep breath.

"I feel like... like I'm standing in a graveyard."

"Leah said she and the twins can meet us at where ever we stop." Aurora said as she and Derek sat in the front seats of his car while Cora sat in the back and Peter stood at the driver side window. "Don't call until you're at least a hundred miles away." Peter said and Derek and Aurora glanced at each other for a moment. "Go!" Peter said and Aurora nodded makin Derek start the car and drive off.

They didnt even get down town when a high pitched scream rang through the air making Derek hit the brake. "What the hell was that?" Cora asked as they glanced back, "Lydia." Derek said before he and Aurora looked at each other and Aurora took a deep breath.

"We need to go back." Aurora said and Derek nodded before turning around.