25 Days & Counting

There were many moments where Jimin had taken Yoongi's breath away. The first time he'd seen him dressed up on their first date; the first time he'd seen him without any makeup; the first time he'd seen him completely fucked out after he had a surprise heat during his Christmas visit; that first morning after Jimin had arrived for that trip and Yoongi woke up to his drool stained, pillow marked face. All of these memories were carefully filed away into Yoongi's memory, and today a new image would be added: him coming home from work to find Jimin completely made up in what he assumed was a test look for their ceremony--lavender, lilac, and violet gradient eyeshadow, lightly bronzed cheeks, and soft pink lips. "I'm assuming you like it?" Jimin asked with a nervous giggle as Yoongi spent a good 30 seconds just standing in the open doorway, hand still on the keys in the lock as he gaped at him.

"Like is an understatement." Yoongi managed to get out, pulling his key out of the lock and shutting the door behind him as quickly as he could. "You look amazing." He continued to take Jimin in with wide eyes as he walked up to him, wrapping his arms around the omega's waist.

"Why, thank you." Jimin giggled as Yoongi kissed him, squeaking when the alpha pulled him flush against his body.

"Take it to the bedroom if you plan on going any further than that." Taehyung requested.

"With pleasure." Yoongi mumbled before lifting Jimin up, the omega laughing as Yoongi carried him into the room, kicking the door shut with his foot before dropping Jimin onto the bed. "How did I manage to convince the most beautiful omega in the world to mate me?"

"Do you really wanna know?" Jimin teased as Yoongi kissed him again. Yoongi grunted in response, pulling back to trail kisses along Jimin's jaw. "You're just you." The sincerity in Jimin's voice had Yoongi pausing, sitting up to look down at him. A part of him expected to see laughter in Jimin's eyes followed by a 'just kidding', but instead all he got was the omega's eyes shining with love and adoration and a soft smile behind the now smeared pink lipstick. "I love you." Jimin then whispered, bringing one hand to Yoongi's cheek and softly stroking the skin with his thumb.

"I love you." Yoongi whispered back before pressing his lips to Jimin's once more, this kiss less urgent than the previous ones as he poured everything he felt towards Jimin into it.

The kiss had just started to grow more passionate, Jimin tugging at Yoongi's shirt in an attempt to pull it over his head, when Taehyung interrupted by knocking on the door. "I really hate to interrupt...but your mom is calling."

Jimin immediately pulled away from Yoongi, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. "My mom?" He asked, mostly to himself before sitting up, forcing Yoongi to have to climb off of him. "I'll be right back." He promised, giving Yoongi one more kiss before climbing off the bed.

Yoongi settled back against the pillows as Jimin exited the room to take the call, getting comfortable to wait for him. He listened to the soothing sound of Jimin talking on the phone to his mother, his voice slightly muffled through the door as he asked her how she was doing and what was going on in her life. Then he stopped talking and his vanilla scent turned bitter, prompting Yoongi to jump off the bed and head out to the living room to check on him.

"Yeah, no, I understand." Jimin was saying in Korean, although Yoongi could see he was trying not to cry. "I guess I'll see you as soon as I can then. Love you, bye." Jimin slowly lowered his phone as the call ended, looking up at Yoongi with tear filled eyes. "They're not coming."

"What?" Yoongi asked quietly, moving to sit next to him on the couch.

"They're not coming to the ceremony." Jimin said before bursting into tears, burying his face in Yoongi's neck.

After hours of crying, during which Yoongi learned the details of why Jimin's parents were no longer coming--his father had lost his job so they could no longer afford the plane tickets--Jimin was finally asleep, curled up on Yoongi's chest while clenching his shirt in his fist. Pressing a comforting kiss to his forehead, hoping that Jimin would be able to feel it even in his sleep, Yoongi carefully detached Jimin from him so he could climb out of the bed. He grabbed his phone and tiptoed out of the room, remaining quiet so as not to disturb Taehyung who was also sleeping as he slipped out of the apartment.

Pacing around the small landing, he held his phone to his ear as it rang, silently hoping for Jimin's mother to answer. Instead, he was sent to voicemail. He cursed in his mind as he waited for the beep so he could leave a voicemail. "Hi, Eomeoni, it's Yoongi. I've heard about what's going on and I'd like to offer to pay for your plane tickets myself so that you can still come and be at our ceremony. Please call or text me back as soon as you get this." He pressed the end button before scurrying back inside the apartment to curl up next to Jimin and get at least some sleep before having to get up for work in the morning.

***

"Okay, explain to me again what you need." Jungkook requested.

Yoongi took a deep breath. "As far as Jimin knows, his parents still aren't able to make it to the ceremony. But in reality, their plane tickets are booked, and they'll be arriving at the airport around 9:00 that Friday night. I need you to go pick them up and bring them to the hotel everyone's staying at so we can surprise him the next morning."

Jungkook blinked. "Okay, but why do I have to do it?"

"Because everyone else will be at the rehearsal dinner." Yoongi explained again. "Namjoon and Hoseok are my groomsalphas--which you turned down my offer by the way--so they have to be there, and I'm the groom, so I definitely have to be there."

"Right..." Jungkook nodded. "Okay, I can do that."

Yoongi let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you so much, you don't understand how important this is."

"Of course." Jungkook reached out to pat him on the shoulder. "Just name one of your future pups after me."

"Oh, god." Yoongi choked on his drink. "It is way too early to be talking about pups, dude."

"I don't know, Seokjin will be giving birth not long after y'all mate...might result in a wave of pup fever earlier than you think." Yoongi reached out to shove his shoulder.