Lunar Moon

...

One step after another, with his suit ironed and neatly rolled into his body, a young man walks through the red carped on the tiled open area of the event.

His hands are nervous as he slides it down his long hair. All the eyes are on him, the omegas scents get stronger as he walks the carpet, to find his table.

On his way there, a lot of people stop him, to congratulate him on his new position as the leader of his pack and tell him their sorriness for his father's loss. He shakes their hands and thanks them, not really wanting to engage into a conversation with any of them.

A lot goes on his mind as Liam walks to his table. The younger alpha, wraps a hand around his shoulder and tries to cheer him up.

"So I got us some hot stuff for after the event, just in case ya' know, wanna have a quick bite of some sweet stuff."-He says winking at his friend.

The other alpha shakes his head.-"Liam I really am not in a mood to share my night with anyone."

"Come on Harry! Weren't you the one who spend his rut with that blonde girl, what was her name again? Shally? Shady? Shany?"

"Liam, I'm the leader now, not the reckless teenager who thought fucking around with omegas was normal."-Harry said shaking his head.

Liam takes two drinks from one of the many servers.-"This leader position has changed you."

"You'll change too. Just wait and see."-Harry said taking the drink Liam offered him.

While Harry and Liam had a drink on their table, a very cheerful alpha made their way over to their table. And just as Harry was preparing himself for another, 'your father was a great man, I'm sorry for your loss' Harry heart the complete opposite from the person in front of him.

"Harry Styles! I've been told great things about you. Unlike your old man, you've achieved great things in a short time. So many, your father didn't have enough years to achieve them."-The alpha said laughing.

Harry looked at him with a proud smirk.-"Thank you. I've also heard great things about you Mr.Tomlinson."

"Oh! No son, call me Mark. Although I should be the one calling you Mr.Styles from now on. You're inheriting the position as the leader of the organisation after all."-The alpha said patting his back.

Harry smiled.-"Yes. But please call me Harry. Mister makes me feel old."

Mark laughed.-"Such a charmer! I'm more than happy you'll be our new leader. Don't get me wrong, but I never liked your father really. He was a little fool of himself."

"He wasn't the greatest leader or father. But he tried."

"You'll do both thankfully right son. Balancing the two of these things is the most important thing you need to learn."-Mark said softly as he rolled his golden ring band on his finger.

"Your wife must be so lucky to have you."

"Yes, she was. My pretty flower."-Mark said softly looking at his ring finger.

Harry lowered his head.-"I'm sorry, I didn't know..."

"Oh no, I try to think of her as positively as possible. Always remember the good stuff."

"Do you have children sir."-Harry asked as he offered him a drink.

Mark took it.-"Yes, a son something your age. He's a moving little ball of energy, reckless and ambitious but he's my everything."