Ambush

...

It never occurred to Harry that driving alone in the darkest hour of the night would turn into the worst decision he's ever taken. But how he got to that decision is a fun road to go back too.

...

It had been weeks since the last adventure he and his wonderful partner, the moon was coming to her full stage soon, the Lunar event was actually closer than he thought.

His few bruises left from the infamous, now dead, Vaslovscki, had almost completely disappeared. There were still some positions he couldn't sleep at night though.

Driving down the road...silent...sun was about to set. He felt like he was in a movie. Some weird Italian movie about a sudden vocation a tired loveless lover. Where the main character, a hopeless romantic, himself, had just realised how beautiful his life was, and now he was driving...home into the sunset...

He smiled sadly. How he wished he had a home. A real one, that felt like it. Many times he thought about it...his mate...his other half. Another Lunar year had passed and he hadn't found them. He's growing weaker without love...and no amount of ego could replace it and keep him going.

He slowed down the speed. For a second things went in slow motion. Just like his life right now. A life, so miserable and empty. A life with no love, nor parental neither partnerial. Sad, like the last sun-rays that tried to peak out on the horizon, not wanting to fade away just yet.

The softly faded song of "Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds"-O Children, that came from the player went on and on in a loop. Harry loved this song in particular, and had dreamed of one day being able to dance it with his lover. Like on a warm night in front of the fireplace, where the vinyl player was scratching the plate of the vinyl and letting out the wonderful melody, that carried them both into a slow dance, their hands around his neck as he held them by the waist and danced to their rhythm of love. Lost in their eyes, found in their arms. A perfect life.

A sight left his lungs, the wind of the open windows flew on his face and chest, tangling with the white shirt, opened by two buttons, revealing his many tattoos. He breathed the sharp air of the spring noon. The golden hour air mixed with the far scent of the sea and salt. He was getting close.

Harry drove hoping to catch the sunset by the beach. Call him soft, but all he was trying to do was fill the void in his heart. Running away from all his duties as a leader on a Friday afternoon, closing his phone once and for all, for that weekend. Taking a few days off just for himself. He was just trying to keep himself safe and sane.

He stopped the car in its parking place with some other cars, in front of a gas station, waved at the usual guy that stood there 24 hours.

Once he turned the car off he could hear the mix of the waves that hit the shore, inviting him to do a last scroll on their side before the sun was gone.

He ran the little length to the beach, stopped once his feet hit the sand, taking off his expensive shoes and throwing them at the shore. Slowly stepping into the water. His feet tingling with the satisfying feeling of the not cold nor warm water.

Breathing out he looked into the horizon where the sun was hiding behind. He closed his eyes and let out his breath. His chest rising and falling as he walked down the shore, trying not to get his trousers wet, he took his shoes on his hand and just walked aimlessly. Getting lost with the sea of blue, like a veil-less ship, who's captain has lost their compass.