Ch. 53 - A NOVEL APPROACH

Start from the beginning

A few minutes later the bell rang making students start getting up Aurora walked back over to her desk. "Don't forget, there's a test tomorrow." Aurora called out as students walked out. Once everyone else walked out, Lydia walked up to Aurora's desk as Aurora looked through papers

"Can I ask you something?" Lydia asked and Aurora look at her and nod, "Can you teach me self-defense?" She said making Aurora raise her eyebrows. "You want me to teach you self defense?" Aurora asked and Lydia nodded, "Yeah, after what happened with Tracy, knowing how to defend myself would be really useful. And I've seen you fight some without magic." Lydia said and Aurora sighed and nodded.

"Okay, yeah. I took self-defense classes in highschool, I can teacher you want I learned. I can even get Jordan to help out since he has military training." Aurora said making Lydia smirk and cock an eyebrow, "Is there something going on with you and Parrish?" Lydia asked making Aurora squint slightly.

"Have you been hanging out with Leah?"  Aurora said making Lydia raised her eyebrows, "Is there?" Lydia asked making Aurora scoff slightly. "There is no way that I am having this conversation with one of my students. Get out." Aurora said making Lydia laugh before walking out.

🎭

Aurora, Kira and Lydia stood by the gate of Eichen House, trying to get someone to open it while Scott and Stiles talked by the jeep. After a few minutes the gate buzzed open making the guys walk over and Scott opened the gate and they all walked through. They started walking up the stairs and then the gate shut making them all stop and look back.

"Please empty your pockets into the container." The orderly, Schrader said as he placed a plastic bucket on the counter. "We're here to see-" Scott started to say but Schrader cut him off.

"Please empty your pockets into the container." Schrader said again making them all look at each other before sighing and taking their stuff out. "Please remove your belt and place it into the container." He said looking at Kira making her eyes widen, "I kind of need the belt. I mean, it's crucial to the outfit."

"Please remove your belt, which patients will attempt to take from you and use to strangle either themselves or others." He said and Kira sighed, "Right. Got it." She said as she took off her belt before putting it in the bucket.

Aurora squinted at him as she noticed him staring creepily at Lydia which made Lydia shift uncontrollably. "Caeco." Aurora whispered lowly making Schrader back up slightly as he glanced around in alarm. Not being able to see anything besides darkness. "Keep staring at minor and I'll do worse than temporarily blind you." Aurora said.

Before anyone could do or say anything someone walked through another door making them turn to look at them to see Dr. Fenris. "Follow me." He said and Aurora gave Schrader a dirty look as she gently grabbed Lydia's shoulder.

"I'll remind you that I'm only doing this as a favor to Deaton, and I'm doing it against my better judgment." Dr. Fenris said as they walked down stairs, "Hey, what's the etiquette for talking to this guy? I mean, do you ever look at the other eye?" Stiles asked.

"I wouldn't. In fact, while you're down here, try not to make eye contract with anyone or anything." Dr. Fenris said looking back at them.

They walked into a long hallway but stopped when they noticed Scott and Kira had stopped. "You didn't think you were all going, did you?" Dr. Fenris asked making realization cross over Aurora's features. "It's Mountain ash." She said and he nodded.

"Everywhere, but heavily concentrated down here." He said before swiping his car through the reader then opening the door, "Valack's cell is the last one at the end of the hall." He said and they glanced back at Scott and Kira. "We'll be right here." Scott said and they nodded before slowly walking through the door.