yeolnet

Namjoon cleared his throat while setting his chopsticks back down. "Do I want to know the reason behind this sudden change of heart?"

"The government sucks and capitalism is out to ruin everything." Seokjin said, earning a raised eyebrow from the alpha. "Our grandson is pregnant and Jimin's insurance no longer covers his appointments, so you're going to pay for them."

Namjoon nodded slightly, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest. "What happened to you were doing fine without me and didn't need nor want me?"

"That was before I watched Jungkook break down in tears over the idea of having to spend the rest of his pregnancy not knowing for sure how his unborn pup is doing." Seokjin crossed his own arms over his chest, meeting Namjoon's stare. "Now are you going to help out, or are you going to give me yet another reason for the accident I may or may not already have planned out for you."

Namjoon tried not to let that last comment faze him, but with how well he knew Seokjin, it was very much a possibility that the omega was telling the truth about having an 'accident' planned. He sighed. "Let me know how much his appointments cost and I'll send you a check or some cash the day before he has them scheduled."

Seokjin shook his head. "No, I'll come pick the money up. I don't want Jimin to know about this."

Namjoon scoffed quietly. "I may not know Jimin very well, but I can already tell that he's extremely smart. It'd be kind of impossible for him not to be between the two of us." Seokjin rolled his eyes. "How the hell do you plan to explain to him where the extra money is from?"

"That's nothing for you to worry about." Seokjin said. "I already have a plan in place, all you need to do is look pretty and hand the money over."

"On one condition-"

"Oh, wow, so all that bullshit you spewed about wanting to do whatever you could to help us was just that, bullshit." Seokjin said with a tone that showed he wasn't surprised at all.

"No, I do want to help out." Namjoon said calmly, dealing with Seokjin and his moods being like riding a bike to him. "The condition is for keeping it a secret from our son."

Seokjin debated with himself for a minute before sighing and dropping his hands to his sides. "Fine, what is it?"

"I want to get to know my son and grandchildren." Namjoon said. "And since I obviously can't in the traditional way, I want you to tell me about them. So, each time Jungkook has an appointment, you'll come over to my apartment and we'll have dinner so you can tell me all about them, and then afterwards I'll give you the money."

Seokjin glared at his ex, obviously not happy with the proposition. But he agreed anyway. "Only because I love Jungkook so much will I force myself to spend an unbearable amount of time with you." The omega turned to leave.

"And you can't try to kill me and steal all my money." Namjoon said just before he left.

Seokjin turned around to glare at him again. "Wow, you're really asking a lot of me."

Namjoon stood up and walked over to the omega, holding out the business card Jimin had already rejected. "Text me about the next appointment so we can plan our dinner." He reached over to open the door, leaning close to Seokjin as he did. "Can't wait~"

Seokjin gave him a fake smile. "I can~" The smile dropped, and he glared at the alpha once more, snatching the card from his hand as he stormed out of the office. Namjoon just smiled at the sight of Seokjin's retreating back, walking back to his desk once the omega was gone and finally enjoying his nearly cold lunch.

~

"Come on, let's go!" Jimin called, pounding on Jungkook's door as he passed by the room, carrying Soyoung out to the living room as it was quicker than waiting for the young girl to follow him. "You're gonna be late to school!" As he was exiting the hallway, he called out for his dad to ask a question that had been in his head since he woke up to the scent of chocolate in his house. "Dad, why does it smell like my house is drowning in chocolate?" Jimin stopped once he made it to the front of the house, stunned by the sight of all the dessert dishes covering every flat surface in the room.

"Brownies!" Soyoung cried out, sliding out of Jimin's grip and running over to the plate closest to her.

"I already packed some in your backpack to share with your friends during lunch." Seokjin informed her as he pulled a batch of vanilla cupcakes out of the oven and transferred them to the cooling rack.

Jimin, still in shock, slowly led Soyoung to the couch so he could help her put her shoes on. "What is going on?"

"This is how we're going to pay for Jungkook's appointments!" Seokjin exclaimed, and if Jimin had not been both stunned and busy with his daughter, he would have noticed the way the older omega's eyes shifted.

"What are you talking about?"

Seokjin moved back to the mixing bowl he had been busy with when the timer for the cupcakes had gone off, picking back up where he left off with the buttercream frosting as he responded to his son. "Taehyung was talking about this crafts and treats fair that the university hosts once a month. Artists, craftsmen, home bakers, and home chefs can bring their creations and sell them. So, when you told me about your insurance being a cuntface," Jimin glared at Seokjin for using that language in front of Soyoung, "I thought it over, and decided why not turn my newly discovered skill into a career? I've already rented out a booth space, and Taehyung was kind enough to print off a bunch of flyers for me at the campus library, and I'm gonna spend today kicking off my new business: Lejindary Sweets."

Jimin would have scoffed, but he was too focused on the fact that his dad was selflessly doing something to earn money to pay for Jungkook's appointments. So instead of the typical response he would have given his dad, he rushed over and hugged him. "Thank you so much! You don't know how much I appreciate this!"

Seokjin slowly hugged Jimin back, not remembering the last time he had received a hug from his son. "The pleasure is all mine." Seokjin whispered, hugging him back before returning to the frosting. "You should go before the kids are late to school."

"Right~" Jimin turned slightly in the direction of Jungkook's bedroom. "Jungkook, get your butt out here now or you're walking to school!"

"I'm coming!" Jungkook yelled back, storming out of his room angrily, obviously suffering from a mood swing. "When your boyfriend doesn't send you a good morning text with the expected kissy face, then you can have a reason to be annoyed! Until then, leave me alone!" Jungkook grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and angrily bit into it before stomping out of the house.

Jimin sighed. "Lord, give me the strength not to beat his ass during the drive." He handed Soyoung her backpack and wrapped an arm around her shoulders to lead her out of the house.

"Daddy, what's a cuntface?" Jimin took a deep breath to calm himself before telling Soyoung they would talk about it later.