Chapter 3

Claire's POV:

I glance in the rear view mirror and smile as I see Kmart humming softly to Hope who's falling asleep. I'm glad they're together again.

When I couldn't remember anything or anyone, I saw in Hope's eyes how broken she was. The pain I saw in them when I couldn't remember who she was broke my heart.

   But there was a stronger hurt in her eyes that I fully didn't understand until now. The separation of soulmates.

   I remember hearing her soft cries at night in the prison while Alice comforts her. A motherly instinct made me stay up all until her cries went away and that let me know that she fell asleep.

A soft added weight on my arm made me glance down seeing Angie leaning her head on me. I smile, quickly leaning down to kiss her head before refocusing on the road.

    "Mama?" She calls out softly and I hum giving her a brief glance.

   "Do you want to listen to music with me?" She asks holding one earbud out with a hopeful look. I smile and grab it then put it in my ear.

"Sure kid. Grace me with the music you and your sister like," I joke getting a cute giggle from her. Angie scrolls through the IPod then picks a song.

   I start moving my head to the music. "I like it, kid," I say patting her leg and she grabs ahold of it and held it in her lap. I smile to myself and continue driving with one hand.

   My daughters are with me again and now we just need Alice back then we will be complete. We just have to stick to the plan and I'm certain everything will go well.

~~~~~~

I drive between cars that are on the highway. Some people must've tried fleeing the city when the apocalypse hit or they were here already when it hit. "Why'd you stop?" Chris asks as I pull to a stop.

   "I'm worried that if we continue on, there might be a road block ahead. How are we supposed to turn around in this mess?" I announce gesturing with my head to the abandoned cars.

   "Is there another way around?" Kmart spoke up leaning forward. Chris hand me one side of the map and we start looking.

  "Ma?" Hope taps my shoulder and I hum, glancing at her.

   "I can run ahead to see if there's a road block. And don't worry I'll take Albert with me," she adds as I turn around opening my mouth to reply.

   I think it over and nod hesitantly. Even if I want to keep her close and safe, I know I can't smother her like a child. Hope smiles, leaning forward to kiss my cheek gently before speaking quietly to Kmart.

She gets out of the car and goes to the other car. Soon I see her and Albert walk towards the front of the car before they sped off.

It's crazy how fast they run. To be able to move that fast, imagine how fast you could get somewhere.

No One POV:

Hope and Albert sped through the cars before skidding to a complete stop. They duck down behind a van as they see a group of zombies shuffling around.

"How many do you think there is?" Hope looks at Albert who shrugs. He peers around the van seeing quite a few zombies.

"A lot. Let's run around them to see if killing them is worth it. Frankly I think we would waste time we don't have, on killing them then we would have to move the bodies and cars. It would be a waste of time," he looks at her and gestures to the zombies.