A Ominous Invitation

2025, Present

Alex Worthington, a distinguished theoretical physicist of Riverdale University returns from Germany after delivering a mildly unsuccessful lecture on what should have been a perfect display of his academic prowess and may have well led him to the path of securing the Noble Prize. His evening lecture was halted due to an unforeseen blackout which he remembers ever so vaguely, and he suspects it of the persistent headache that has been plaguing him most of his life. But with the increasing frequency and crossing the threshold of human tolerance, the issue has been troubling him from the onset of puberty. Alex has graduated in electrical engineering Suma-cum-laude at the age of eleven from MIT, astonishing his peers but has been pursuing his passion of theoretical physics ever since. His past is shrouded in mystery as he still remains unaware of his true lineage, growing up in an orphanage, abandoned after birth. After gorging on countless medicines and undergoing therapies he has lost all hope to be free from the malaise but nevertheless searches for a miracle. As he prepares to indulge himself into a concoction of prescribed mild sedatives, he is greeted by a call from Gen. Munson, a tough as nails military general famed for his fierce temper and ruthlessness. Gen. Munson discloses to Alex that he needs his expertise in overseeing a top-secret project and must accompany his team at the earliest. Perplexed as to what the whole situation is, Alex is instructed that a team of special forces is awaiting his presence outside his house and he must accompany them without further ado.