Chapter 10

Paul Walker as Paul (Emma's father) ♥♥♥

________________________________________

"Noo, noo! Nooooo! W-why?", I said between sobs. "Why him? Why him? W-why not m-me? Why??"

Katherine came and hugged me. I could see the pain on her face, the sadness, the anger and the pity.

"I am so sorry, Emm! I am so sorry! I could not do anything to help him. He was the first who was killed. They brought him in front of me and they said that 'That is a gift for your sister!', then they cut his throat with a knife, letting him fall to the ground."

That is a gift for your sister! That is a gift for your sister! That is a gift for your sister! That is a gift for your sister!

"Emm, calm down! Stop thinking about it."

I stood up.

"Screw you!", I yelled at her. "You tell me to calm fucking down, but do you have any fucking idea how I feel right now? Do you?"

"Emm, I-", I cut her off.

"Shut up!", I screamed at her.

"I am sorry, Emm. I am sorry!"

I slapped her.

Everyone around us froze. Everyone looked at us with their eyes wide open.

She turned her head to look at me.

"Emm, I could not do anything. The hunters caught us with guard down. We have never expected them to attack us here because they never knew where we live", she said looking at me with sadness, anger, but above all, compassion. "I swear to God, if I had the chance to save your father I would have done it without thinking for a second."

I fell back to the ground starting to cry.

"Why, Kate? Why-why him? Why not me?", I said drowning in my own tears. "Why?"

"Because the person who did this wanted you to suffer", she said looking at me angry and worried. "Do not give her the satisfaction to see you like this"

"H-her?", I said confused. "Y-you... You know w-who... who did this to him? Y-you... you know who ordered this?", I said angry and hurt at the same time.

Katherine nodded, looking at me with pity.

"Katherine, who did this? Who is she, Katherine? WHO IS SHE?", I yelled completely out of my mind. "The bitch who dared to kill my father, Kate, who is she?"

She sighed.

"The bitch who dared to kill your father, Emm...", she said, looking into my eyes in a very serious way, "... is Jessica, your adoptive mother."

I was stunned. I was looking at Katherine, but all I could see in front of me, was red. I clenched my fists, squeezing so hard that my nails pierced the skin, the blood flowing through my fingers.

"Stop it, Emma. You are hurting yourself", Anthony said grasping my wrists. "That is not going to bring him back", he said still holding my wrists.