Prologue

Claire Holt as Emma ♥♥♥

_________________________________

It is said that there are events that mark your life. Mine was marked when I least expected it.

Hi!

Probably many of you have heard at least once about that kind of person who has everything she wants.

My name is Emma, I am 17 years old and I am from Los Angeles. I have a long blonde hair, I have almost one meter and seventy-five centimeters, I have a body worthy of Victoria Secret models and I am one of those people who have everything they want as is commonly thought the world. My father is the executive director of a large American company business. This takes him up a lot of time. Every weekend he leaves home to take care of the affairs of the company. My mother is one of the most famous lawyers in the United States. How dad works a lot, we adapted to his work. Unfortunately, this means that we must move each year in a city much closer to his company headquarters.

So yes, I am that kind of person who has everything she wants. My parents give me money whenever I want, I buy what I want and when I want, I spend how much money I want to spend, I have only designer clothes and I am known by the most important people in the United States. Too bad that is not what I wanted.

Every year I move to a new city, a new house, I go to another school - foodie, where my family spend a lot of money because my mother doesn't perceive to see me going to an ordinary school - that is enough far away from home, so that the driver can take me to school by car, so everyone can see how much money are willing to spend my parents. The worst part is that every year I have to make new friends.

After two months spent in Hawaii, during the summer, I moved to New York with my family. My father bought one of the most luxurious apartment he could find in Upper East Side. The school I used to attend was okay. Teachers had received my file and they already knew about how well I learn. The truth is that I had no choice, given the opportunity, my father spent a lot of money to make sure that I will have good grades at school on my own merit. By now I accustomed to move from one city to another, but this time would be different. Why now? Because this morning, my father decided that we will stay here until I will graduate the XII Grade, which meant that we will live in New York for the next two years.

Accustomed to move constantly, the news shook me. This morning, after I heard the news from my father, I felt that my life took a turn. It was awesome! That would be the first time I sat a long time in one place. I will not be forced to leave my friends. My life would change.

But what I did not know, it is that my father's decision to stay had no connection with the change in my life and my life will change from a completely different reason.