Hayami: The Rare Beauty 25

"Again?" Hayami deadpans as they are once again hanging upside down on the tree beside the same three bats. "We are in the middle of a mission." Hayami sighs as she and her teammates are hanging upside down whereas their jonin is sitting on the branch right top of them.

"We have been on this mission for the past month. Everyday we are hanging upside down beside these bats." Hiroshi says and Tadashi gasps dramatically. "These bats? excuse me! they have names! The one on the right is Ai, the middle is Aia and on the left is Aika! They are my triplets! My baby girls! how could you refer them as these right infront of their father?" Tadashi gasps dramatically as Hiroshi and Hayami sweat drops.

"That's very rude of you Hiroshi kun. How could you say such cruel words to such cute girls? that also right infront of their uncle?" Kane says referring to himself as the uncle of the bats. "I know right! They are so cute! You make papa proud!" Tadashi says looking at his bats lovingly. "You make uncle proud as well!" Kane says and the teacher-student start bonding over bats whereas Hiroshi and Hayami just look forward actually focusing on the mission.

Aia suddenly clicks gaining their attention. Hayami immediately activates her byakugan. "Target no.1 has moved. He is heading to the south pavilion." Hayami reports. "Aia, Aika! Follow the target. Hayami find the other two as well." Tadashi says. 

"Target 2 and target 3 cannot be found." Hayami reports. "They didn't exit from the gates. The gates haven't been used, if it had been my chakra strings would have trapped them." Kane says. Aia and Aika then return back  catching their attention.

"Why are you back? Didn't I tell you to keep an eye on Target 1?" Tadashi asks. "What do you mean by Target 1 got away?" Tadashi says after translating what his summoning reported him. "Hayami! Radiograph the whole building! Kane go and check the gates, see if anybody is caught in your chakra strings. Hiroshi go to the south pavilion and check it. I will stay here and assist Hayami." Tadashi says.

.

..

"Hayami? Found any leads?" Tadashi asks. "No sir." Hayami answers. "What should we do now? There weren't any traces of them even coming anywhere near the gates." Kane says. "We have no choice but to raid this house now." Hiroshi says and everybody agrees. They break in through the windows and start raiding the house. Getting no clues they come to the living room. "No clue. Nobody is in this house." Kane says. "S-Sensei!!" hayami calls out horrified while looking down at the floor with her Byakugan gaining everyone's attention. 

.

..

...

....

.....

"OMG!! Sasuke kun was so cool! He unlocked his sharingan!!" Sakura rants about her mission to her parents. "That's good but wasn't that a bit too dangerous? A B rank mission to a genin?" Mebuki says. "Is that Hayami?" Kizashi says as he spots Hayami in the village. Nobody had seen Hayami in the village for a month, they didn't see her and her team in the village doing D rank missions. Many thought the team was a fail and were disappointed as they had high expectations from them.

"Fufu, looks like Hayami finally gave up. She and her team are total sore losers and weaklings. They haven't been seen around the village after their first mission. Poor little sister, you should have known that you aren't worthy of the Byakugan, Hyuga title or the special place in the special team. Look whose winning now hayami, I have already completed several d rank missions and just returned from a B rank mission. Alive, safe and sound." Sakura smirks.

.

..

...

"Sakura! You have to go to the Hokage tower for the submission of your mission report and to get new mission." Mebuki shouts. "I know! I know!" Sakura comes down to the dining hall. "Sakura! Don't skip your breakfast! This is the fourth time this week!" Mebuki says. "But mom! If I eat too much and become fat Sasuke kun won't like me anymore!" Sakura says. "He needs to like you first of all to continue liking you." Kizashi says.

"Boys prefer girls who are healthy not thin like skeletons." Kizashi says. "What do you know about boys and their preferences tou chan!" Sakura says. "What do I know? I too once was a boy." Kizashi sweat drops as Sakura just ignored him.

"Come on darling. Eat something, if you want to go on diet then go on one but a healthy diet. Like Hayami's, her diet consists of healthy-" "Yet she has completed only one mission." Sakura cuts off her mother. "Whereas I have completed one B rank mission and several d rank mission. though I eat less I have proved to be more useful to the village." Sakura says and exits.

.

..

"Good morning Sakura chan~" Naruto greets. "Move Naruto! Good morning Sasuke kun." Sakura pushes Naruto harshly and moves towards Sasuke who just ignore her. "let's go in now shall we?" Kakashi says.

"Team 7. Did you complete your previous mission?" the hokage asks. "Yes sir. Here's the report." Kakashi gives the report. Chills make their way down team 7's spines as they feel a strong presence behind them. They couldn't move as the presence was too large and threatening.

"Oh! You're back! Have a seat!" the hokage says. "We don't have time to sit and chat hokage sama." Kane says. He was serious, his voice didn't hold his usual playfulness. "Please wait for a while then-" "We don't have the time for that as well hokage sama." Hiroshi says. "Let us forward our report first." Hayami says.

"Huh? What do you mean by that? We came her first you can't just-" "hokage sama. Please." hayami requests once more. "Hayami!-" Sakura was cut off by Hayami glaring at her. "Y-y-Don't you have manners? What's the use of living in a noble household when you don't even know what basic manners are. You can't-" "Shut up before I shut you up myself." hayami glares down at Sakura.  

Sasuke quickly harshly pulls back Sakura after seeing Hayami's serious attitude. He knew something big was up and it was serious.

"Go ahead." the hokage gives the permission. "Bad news Hokage sama. target 1, 2 and 3. All are dead." Hayami reports. "Dead?" everybody questions in shock. "They were found dead in the underground basement. I'm afraid the mission had turned into a S rank." Kane answers.

"Do we have the permission to continue it? Hokage sama?" Hiroshi asks. "Continue a S rank? That's an obvious no! You three are just genins fresh out of academy!" Kakashi opposes. "Where's your jonin? Satake Tadashi?" hokage asks. "Sensei is currently guarding the basement." Kane says. "Do you want to continue?" the hokage asks. "According to Konoha rule no. 10 A shinobi must always follow their commander's instructions. We are just waiting for your commands hokage sama. But personally we do want to continue this mission, we have been in this mission since the past month we can't just let go of it. Plus we have all the information related to this case, we just hope that you send us some experienced shinobis to assist us." Hayami answers.

"If that's the case then... you are given the permission to continue this mission. The rank of this mission will now be changed to a S rank from an A rank. I will send few anbu members to aid you. you can all retreat now." as soon as those words left hokage sama's mouth in a blink of an eye the trio vanished from where they were standing, leaving no trace of them ever being there.

"Do you have any complaints Kakashi?" hokage sama turns towards Kakashi who previously had opposed on the new genin team continuing the mission. "I understand why you chose them for the special team. I have no complaints hokage sama." Kakashi says.