The soft yet stern tone of the older had always worked like magic on Seungmin. It calmed him down a bit as he nodded.

"Choose what you wanna have. My treat!" Minho winked at the younger playfully, lifting up the mood.

Seungmin giggled. "Bet I'll empty your pockets tonight, hyung."

Despite the empty threat, the younger male only ordered a few items that could barely fill his stomach.

"What to get for you, sir?" The waiter that was serving them now turned to Minho after taking orders from Seungmin.

"I would like-"

He went on, ordering way more food than what Seungmin assumed Minho could eat.

"So tell me, how are you, Seungmin?"

The waiter was gone, leaving the two to have some peace and quite to themselves.

The question was platonic, the younger knew it was just a casual way of starting the conversation. He knew Minho wanted him to pour his heart out, he just tried putting a start to it.

"I- well umh," the younger hesitated first, not knowing what to exactly tell the older although he had been wanting nothing but talk to Minho since morning.

"Is this about Hyunjin?" Minho, figuring the younger's struggle, tried to categorize Seungmin's troubles.

Seungmin locked eyes with the older for a second before moving it away right away. He sighed and nodded.

"He's been trying to reach me since the party. But I've already blocked him from all my socials and also changed the lock to my dorm."

"Didn't you guys live together?" Minho asked, a bit confused.

"We used to. It was some of the best years of my life." Seungmin chuckled getting lost in the lane of good memories. But his smile soon faded as he said the next words.

"He got his internship not long ago and had to move to a different city. He insisted on working from home as it's a city not too far from Seoul. But I was the one who insisted, we aren't uni students anymore so it was better to move out of the dorms separately."

Minho nodded at the explanation. "That was responsible of you."

"I know, hyung. But I wish I hadn't been the good boyfriend. I wish I hadn't let him go away from me." Seungmin's eyes started to swell in tears. "Since we moved out, he has been acting out of it."

"What do you mean by that?"

And Seungmin explained. The first few weeks were actually pretty good for both him and Hyunjin. They would call each other whenever they got free time, sometimes their schedule not matching yet there was no gap between them. Meeting each other on weekends became a weekly thing, with the dates that followed.

Everything was so perfect.

Until Seungmin started noticing more frequent "I'm busy rn" texts from Hyunjin and he'd leave for days afterwards.

He didn't wanna overthink anything, completely wiling to give his partner the time and energy he needed to establish his career.

He'd expect the same understanding manner from Hyunjin when he gets his internship too.

All he wanted was to create a mutual understanding, but ended up with betrayal.

"Seungmin, why did you think Hyunjin wasn't just busy with work?" Minho tried to know.

Seungmin shuffled in his seat, trying to ease himself from the overwhelming feelings.

"It was all so coincidental-" he started. "On a working day, I saw Hyunjin in Seoul roaming in a shopping mall, with him."

"Him?" Minho raised one eyebrow in confusion.

The younger nodded.

"Jeongin. Yang Jeongin."

As soon as the name slipped out of the younger's mouth, Minho's eyes widened.

Jeongin? Isn't that-

He wanted to think it wasn't who he was thinking it was, there could be tons of Jeongins out in Seoul anyways.

"You might know the guy."

Or maybe it was.

"Jeongin as in the guy Chan likes?"

Seungmin nodded.

It didn't make sense to Minho. Why was Jeongin being mentioned suddenly in between all of this? How was he related in any ways?

Seeing the look of confusion on the older's face, Seungmin started speaking again, "He's also the one I saw Hyunjin kissing at the party that night."

The words squeezed themselves out of the younger's throat, his voice breaking in the process.

Minho heard the pain in his voice. Words that felt too unreal slipped out like nothing in the world mattered.

Yet what surprised Minho more was the truth that he had been faced with.

How was he gonna see so many of his close people suffer?