Chapter 1:

A Little Tent

[ Tanjiro's POV ]

I walked with Inosuke and Zenitsu and Nezuko hunting for a demon. I haven't smelled anything yet. Gosh, it's so cold! After this, I can't wait to get inside to get warm air! " You're walking too slow!" yelled Inosuke. " How does that make any sense, Inosuke?!" Yelled Zenitsu. I looked left and right at Zenitsu and Inosuke arguing with their loud voices feeling a bit embarrassed and wanting to laugh simultaneously.

I looked up the sky seeing the beautiful stars and no clouds at sight and a half-moon on the right. After we kept walking, I noticed a mother and a child walking on the side of the road. I also the child hanging tightly to her mother, is she okay? I saw the mother looking worried, and so I walked to them, and Zenitsu and Inosuke stopped arguing and turned around to me. I walked to the  family and asked, " Ma'am, is everything okay?"  I asked kindly.

 The women looked scared and looked up and down. " Who are you? I don't think you shouldn't be here," she said curiously. " I'm Tanjiro Kamado, and we are demon slayers, and we are currently looking for one. Have you seen one recently?" I asked. " No, I have not, but there is a rumor there is a unique demon on these woods. He is seen once a year. Perhaps this is the time of year he comes back," she explained. I looked around and noticed the woman was still afraid. " Is everything okay? Do you need anything?" I asked. She was shocked of how I asked and responded calmly. " I felt something..  a presence over there somehow." and then she pointed to where she felt. That must be the demon. " Thank you so much. Also, here's a scent that the demon will be kept away from you. Please be safe." I gave her a small bag with a solid scent to keep it away. The child looked upon me with a smile on her face.

She nodded and walked away.

After the talk, we continued to walk, and then I smelled something. A unique scent I've never smelled before. It smelled newer and modern. But After I sensed it, my eyes widened. The blood smells, and it's strong too! And then, with a second, I ran, with my sword.

"Tanjiro, where are you going!" Zenitsu said and ran, following Tanjiro

"Monjiro, what the hell do you think you're going?! And ran as well.

[No one's POV]

The three are running like they ever before, especially Tanjiro. They kept running as Tanjirou's smell got stronger and stronger, and it led them to a small tent, a human crawling away from the demon. The arm was wounded, bitten half off, legs half broken. How is he still alive? Then an air smooth, Inosuke ran toward the demon with 2 sword blades out. "Hahaha! Finally, a demon to kill!" He laughed and ran out.  "Inosuke, wait!" Zenitsu yelled and looked around, panicking, Wanjiru ran to check the man, "P-Please.. help me, it hurts so much," the man groaned. " Don't worry, I'll help you!" Tanjiro said. He grabbed a badge in his pocket and wrapped it around the leg and arm.