23.

TW: self-harm, suicidal thoughts

Kiana nervously waited and waited. She couldn't help shaking her legs a little, she didn't understand how these types of hospitals worked, she just hoped that they would take her to Pete.

"Kiana? I've just had a talk with Pete and he said he'd be happy to see you."

"Thank god." Kiana let out a sigh of relief as she got up and followed the woman.

"Will I trigger him if I let him know he's kinda a dad now, I couldn't find him and..." Kiana didn't even mean to talk about it, she was just so nervous.

"I can't really say, but if it does, we are here to help him work through it."

"Don't worry, he's ok, we just need to protect him from...him. DO NOT undo the straps." The lady warned as she opened the door.

Kiana didn't know what she had expected but she felt her heart sink when she saw Pete strapped to the bed.

"Pete." She sighed.

Pete looked at Kiana without saying a word.

"Hi?" Kiana answered as she stepped closer.

"Hi Kiki." A smirk spread across his face.

"You wanna undo these?" He asked as his eyes followed her every step.

"I'm not allowed." She said with a sympathetic look on her face.

"Fine" he rolled his eyes.

"What happened? How did you get here?" Kiana sighed.

"I don't even know anymore, why didn't you come sooner?..."

"How could I? I didn't know anything about this, I couldn't even get through to anyone that was even associated with you." Kiana frowned a little bit.

"I was going to unblock you, I just ended up in here, Colson told you I was going through shit..." Pete trailed off.

"No he didn't! He blocked me and so did you. Why?" Kiana frowned even harder as she started to realise that Kells had clearly been pulling the strings.

"He talked about it with me, and when we came back we agreed that we'd be honest with you about how we felt, we knew we'd probably cut you off for a while after, because most likely we wouldn't actually enjoy sharing you. You're not a fucking piece of meat, you just-"

"Why would you guys even come back at all if that's what you wanted to do?" Kiana rolled her eyes.

"Colson convinced me to, and I apparently thought it was a good idea and agreed." He closed his eyes for a second.

"I think this has all happened because we all changed a little too much. We started being sly, hiding shit from each other, and just changed the whole dynamic of our friendship." he said after some thought.

"No, I think Colsons' a fucking asshole and that's why this has happened,think about it. We've been friend since we were teenagers,  Colson comes around and three years (one ghosting gap year later), this is where we're at? , and I let that man around my kids." Kiana huffed and went wide-eyed as soon as Pete looked directly at her.