Chapter 22

(Caught Up In You By 38 Special)

Wilbur's Pov

"Bye Dad!" I shouted as I left the flat and started walking down the street towards Daytona's house.

Dylan had answered my call from Daytonas phone telling me that it was okay to come over. I had no idea why, but I was kind of nervous to find out.

He had told me that Daytona was busy at the moment, but I could hear her screaming and yelling in the background.

When I stopped outfront of the flat I could hear a faint sound of music. I knocked before hearing Dylan yell come in. Once I walked in, I took off my shoes and my coat.

"I never knew there'd come a day
When I'd be sayin' to you
"Don't let this good love slip away
Now that we know that it's true"
Don't, don't you know the kind of man I am
No, said I'd never fall in love again
But it's real and the feeling comes shining through"

Daytona sang as I leaned against the door frame watching her and Max dance around the kitchen whilst baking cookies.

Dylan looked at me with a proud smile on his face and I returned it. Max and Daytona weren't reking absolute chaos? That's a first.

"So caught up in you, little girl
And I never did suspect a thing
So caught up in you, little girl
That I never want to get myself free
And baby it's true
You're the one
Who caught me baby you taught me
How good it could be"

Max's voice cracked a load while he sang that verse, but it was hilarious.

"God, I remember it like it was yesterday. It was my favorite moment I had with her, Dylan and Max.

Daytona then threw her head back and let out one of the most beautiful and realist laughs I have ever heard from her.

It was like a melody waiting to come alive. It made me want to write more music. I've already written so many song lyrics just about her.

"Truth time? Most of my song lyrics are about her. She came up with them. She came up with my talent. She showed me who I really was, and who I wanted to be. I will never be able to thank her enough for that."

The two of them danced around the kitchen until the rest of the song was finished before they realized that I was there.

Daytona's face turned red, but she didn't care. I knew that she didn't care. She was such a free spirit at that moment. She always acted like nothing in the world could affect her, and I loved every second of it.

It was like a euphoric drug, and I was addicted. I was- am- addicted to her. She will forever be the drug in my life that I can never get over, get rid of, or get used too.

There is no way to describe the love that I had for her, and the love that I still have.

"Honestly, after-" I cleared my throat and Skylar smiled softly.

"You don't have to say it, Wilbur." She spoke softly, almost in a motherly tone.

She's never used that tone with me. She's only used it with Sapnap because of Harley...

God he is so broken about her.

Skylar was broken about it too, but she tries to stay strong for everyone. It's like Daytona with Dylan and Max. She tries to be strong, till one day, she can't fight anymore.

Some people don't get to choose when that fight starts or when that fight ends. But my fight is nowhere near finished, and I'm okay with that.

"I'm still addicted to her as much as I was years ago. It's been seven fucking years, and that woman is still the light of my life. Like she said to me, you are my sun. She is my fucking sun, she is the fucking air that i breathe. Sometimes I look around my room and just talk. I pretend that she's there, listening to me, even though I know that she's not." I paused for a brief moment to catch my breath.

"God it's gotten so hard. It's been seven years, Skylar. And i havent told a single person this. It's been eating me alive. People say I should go to therapy, but I genuinely can't sit through that again. And i promised myself that i wouldnt cry too much in front of you, but here i am, fucking hysterical."

"Wilbur, you don't need to hide your emotions. If you want to cry, i want you to fucking cry. If you want to scream, then fucking scream your heart out. Those are emotions that you need to express because you've kept them inside for so long. The more and more it builds the more it hurts, then you'll crack, and you'll break. Like shattering glass, just like that."

"Sometimes I feel like she's screaming at me telling me to move on, or telling me to wait and that she will come back in some way shape or form. But-" I laid my head in my hands and a strong sob racked my body.

"Sometimes-" She paused, almost as if she was deciding on whether or not to say this.

"Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like if I had stayed with my parents. And then I can just imagine everyone screaming at me to just get out. But then my parents are on their knees begging me not to go. It doesn't really relate to this story, but I can understand how you feel when you feel in your own head almost."

"It fucking sucks." I mumbled as I wiped my eyes.

"That it does. But now it's your turn to fight back."

Knowing that I was so helplessly in love with her terrified me. It really did. I never doubted anything when it came to her.

She made all of my worries and insecurities go away within a blink of an eye. And that was the terrifying part.

"Are you ready?" She asked as she grabbed her dad's car keys.

"Yeah." I said with a smile on my face as we got into her dad's car and headed to a store.

I was dreading this moment, but at the same time, I was absolutely thrilled by it.

Once we got there we walked into the store hand in hand and started heading to the computer section. I looked through them all and she stayed by my side the entire time.

I ended up buying everything I needed and we dropped it all off at my flat before taking the car back. We then walked to my house, Dylan had offered to drive us but we wanted a moment outside. We liked being outside but I think that everyone could tell that we did.

As long as we were together, we didn't care where we were.

"I'm home!" I called out to the quiet flat.

"And I'm with him!" Daytona shouted trying to hide her happiness.

"You two were just here." My dad said with a smile on his face as Daytona took off her shoes and coat.

"Doesn't mean we can't have a grand entrance." She said, waving her hand in the air.

"Dinner is almost finished! Are you two eating?" My dad asked as we looked at each other, then back at him, then nodded.

"Of course! Who do you take us to be?" Daytona asked in a fake offended voice as my dad let out a loud laugh.

This was my life, my family, and the love of my life, and I was okay with that.

In fact, I was more than okay with that.

1303 Words