Chapter 13

(Faithfully By Journey)

Wilbur's Pov

Phil was on the phone with his mother while Daytona and I were in the kitchen. We had a random radio station on as we were waiting.

"Highway run
Into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round
You're on my mind
Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sendin' all my love
Along the wire"

I watched her smile at the song. Journey was one of her favorite bands. She knew every word, to every song.

"She then grabbed my hand, and started dancing with me. I never felt so alive, then how I did in that moment. It was one of my favorites."

I spun her and after, she laid her head on my chest. We swayed to the rhythm of the song. God, I was falling so in love.

She smiled as she looked out at me with her breathtaking smile. Our noses were almost touching, I could feel the happiness radiating off of her as we danced around Phil's kitchen.

"They say that the road
Ain't no place to start a family
Right down the line
It's been you and me
And lovin' a music man
Ain't always what it's supposed to be"

"Skylar, at that moment, I knew. I knew that I was falling for her. From the way her hair fell, her nose crinkled up when she smiled, her dimples would pop out, how her eyes would shine when she was really excited or passionate about something, how when she walked with me she always had to hold my hand. I could write a whole ten page essay about her."

"Oh girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours, faithfully"

I leaned my head down and kissed her. I could feel her smile against my lips as we stood in Phil's kitchen.

"Circus life
Under the big top world
We all need the clowns
To make us smile
Through space and time
Always another show
Wondering where I am
Lost without you"

I never thought that I could be so utterly consumed by someone. In so many ways, shape or form. But this girl, this singular girl, had me in a chokehold and wasn't letting go. And, I didn't want her too.

"And being apart ain't easy on this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscovering you
Oh girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours, faithfully"

Phil was watching us. He was proud. He was so proud that I had found someone just as crazily beautiful as he said I was.

He knew that I made a good choice when he saw us dancing around his kitchen. He knew that I was happy, and he knew that I was finding myself. I think he was also realizing that I'm not a hurt teenager again.

He was starting to realize that I was okay again. I was starting to feel like a stranger to myself, and she came into my life, and showed me that I was no stranger to myself.

Like that line said "Two strangers learn to fall in love again."

Daytona told me that she wants to get that tattooed on her rib cage, but she was waiting till she was 18. Her dad made rules, no piercings without him knowing till 18, and no tattoos.

As crazy as that sounded to me, she respected it. Which made my respect just go up for her. I guess it was just different to me because my parents didn't care as long as it had meaning behind it.