Chapter 12

(Everybody Wants To Rule The World By Tears For Fears)

Daytona's Pov

Will didn't end up sleeping over last night, but we had such a fun time. My dad likes him, I think. I've never seen my dad react well with a guy that I've brought home.

And it only happened twice, so.

Today I'm waiting for Will because we are going to Phil's house. He's really excited to have me meet Phil, which makes me excited.

I got my things together and put them into a black jansport bag. I hated carrying around purses, so I've taken it upon myself to use a backpack instead.

"Hey dad!" I said with a smile as I walked down the hallway.

"Hello Daytona." He smiled back as Max threw a football at the wall.

"Max, if you so much of as put a dent in the wall, the paint chips, or there is a scratch, you will be-"

"Yes dad! I understand." Max said, throwing the football on the floor and sitting with him.

I stood on the other side of the counter and held a smile on my face.

Dad could be scary sometimes, there's no denying that. That's another reason why I was scared for Will to meet him.

"I like the kid. If that's what you're wondering. Don't get all in your head on me." He spoke with a smile on his face.

"That's a first.." I mumbled as Max laughed.

"He seems like a good kid, very respectful. He won't even call me by my first name, even after I told him to. Walking in here and seeing you smile like that, that's all I needed to see. You smile with him, the way you smiled with your mother."

"If you want me to be serious for once. I like him too. I'm waiting till he gets comfortable with me, so that I can strike him." Max said before holding up Dad's fork that he was using to eat.

"Sometimes I wonder how you're 15." Dad mumbled before taking his fork back.

"Well, I'll be out of the house all day with him."

"Dad! Daytona's going on a date!!!"

"Max, I'm not going on a date."

"You so are!"

I rolled my eyes as I looked at my phone. He just texted me that he left so he should be here soon.

"Can I have a bite of that?" Max asked, pointing at my dad's breakfast sandwich.

"I made you one."

"I ate it."

Dad rolled his eyes before stuffing the rest of it in his mouth. This was what it was like living with two males. One, a 15 year old food psycho, and a 36 year old who puts up with his bullshit.

"Hey! I wanted that!" Max exclaimed as he watched my dad eat the rest. God they were weird.

"I never said that you could have it though."

The doorbell rang as they continued to argue.

"See you guys later! I love you!"

"I love you too, be careful Daytona." I heard my dad shout back before Max started yelling incoherent words.

"Hello Jareds!" He exclaimed happily as I ran into his arms. I felt safe. I always felt safe with him.

"Hi Will."