Chapter 11

(Grease Lightning By John Travolta)

Daytona's Pov

"Dad! Is it okay if I invite someone over later?" I asked, feeling slightly nervous by his response.

"Depends on who you're inviting over." He responded with a smile on his face as I spun around the kitchen.

I stopped and faced him.

"Will."

"I don't know who that is." He said with a straight face as I laughed at him.

"You'll meet him tonight if you say yes."

"I have to go to a doctors appointment for your brother-"

"You act like I'm untrustworthy." I rolled my eyes before taking a bite out of his cereal.

"Fine, have him over. But that means you're doing the dishes tonight." He laughed before clapping his hands.

"Οτιδήποτε." I mumbled rolling my eyes with a smile on my face.

(Whatever)

I gathered my things for school and ran out of the door, after hearing a horn beep three times. This was a normal routine now.

"Bye dad! Bye max!" I shouted from outside knowing that they would still hear me.

"Ember Valentineeeee" I called out as i got into Ryders car.

Ember was in the passenger's seat laughing as Ryder started driving.

"You keep joking about that like it's not going to happen." Ryder spoke, his accent thick as he looked back at me through the rear view mirror.

"I'll believe it when I see it."

Ember and I then fell into conversation as we drove.

The car ride was short, it was like a ten minute walk so it was a five minute drive. But god, I was glad I didn't have to take the train. Back in Greece, I had to take the train almost everywhere.

I jumped out of the car, feeling very excited to see Will. I knew that he didn't have work tonight, and that he wasn't going to be busy, that's why i asked my dad if he could come over.

We- I walked quickly when i got out of the car. I walked to my locker seeing him going through his, which was only two away from mine.

"My dad said you could come over tonight." I said, scaring him. He faced me and a smile appeared on his face.

"My parents said I could, though they won't be home till late. There having a date night-"

"Maybe you should sleep over then." I shook my shoulders pretending to be disgusted.

"Are you trying to imply that my parents are going to want to have-"

"Shusshhhh!" I covered his mouth with my hand.

He laughed before licking my hand.

"Take it back." I said, wiping my hand on him.

"You just ran from us!" Ember exclaimed as I turned around and laughed at her.

"Sorry, I had to deal with this man!" I said, as he rolled his eyes.

"She's lying, I had to deal with her. She just came here to bother me." Wilbur joked, causing me to roll my eyes now.

"Bothered me the moment she stepped into my car." Ryder added on to it, before the bell rang for first p- Block. The bell rang for first block.

"See you at second block." I said to Will before starting to walk away with Ember.