Propose I

3RD POV

Steven and Connie are video chatting on his phone together, in his room, and laughing.

Steven : Wow, Connie. You really have all this college stuff figured out.

Connie : I've got a whole plan worked out for early admission to the University of Jayhawk, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to major in political science with a minor in sociology, or major in sociology with a minor in poli sci.

Steven : Did establishing democracy across the galaxy get your excited about politics?

Connie : *chuckles* Maybe. But, as far as long term careers go, I'm thinking more down to earth.

Steven and Connie both laugh, but stop when Connie's phone vibrates on the other side

Connie : Oh wow. Fifteen minutes went by fast.

Steven : Aww. The study breaks are so short

Connie : I know, right? Sorry we could't hang out more often...

Steven : ...Nah it's okay. Oh hold on Connie. *picks up a brochure* You left this brochure at my place last time. Do you need it back?

Connie : Thanks, but I've got two more at home, and you know, we have internet!

Steven : Oh, *chuckles* right. But you'll let me know when you want to hang, right?

Connie : Of course, silly! Alright, for real now, bye! (hangs up)

Steven rolls over on his bed, and picks up the brochure.

Steven : Jayhawk, huh? Where's Beach City? *unfolds the brochure, revealing a very far map and distance between both locations* Oh. That's really far. *turns pink and sinks down into his bed*

He couldn't blame her though, he himself had a hard scheule not so long ago with little homeworld. Not to mention her studies aren't the only reason for her leaving, now that Beach City has emplyed a lot of gems, uncorrupted and/or independant, there isn't muhc need for a human security guard so her father Mr Doug Maheswaren had t ofind work elsewhere...it turned iout his job was closer to Jayhawk too.

In a few months the Maheswarens may pack their bags and leave the house at least for a while.

'And who knows if there is a warp pad anywhere close to it, maybe Lion can help but I don't want to drag him all the way here and there all the time like a vehicle'

That's why he has to now aim to 1. Get a hobby and 2. Spend as much time with her as he possibly can and he's determined to do it quickly before it'll become even more compicated to catch up with each other

Steven walks down from his room and sees Garnet

Steven : Garnet? You're still home?

Garnet : Hey Steven.

Steven : *runs over* I could really use your advice.

Garnet : Hmm maybe later, I goota split.

Garnet unfuses into Ruby and Sapphire

Sapphire : I'm so sorry, Steven. I'm running late to my lecture on alternate timelines. *takes off her hat and gives it to Ruby* Have a nice day with the scouts, beautiful! *kisses her and rushes out the door*

Steven : Teaching alternate timelines? When did you think of that?

Ruby : *to Steven* Hey, Sapphire's got her thing, but you can still talk to old Ruby! *walks offscreen to pick up a backpack, then goes back to him* Walk and talk, scout! I got things to do. *walks away*

Steven : Oh, okay! *runs after her*

In the Beach City Woods. Ruby is talking to her scouts, Larimar, Zebra Jasper, and Onion

The scouts excitedly take out their notepads

Ruby : Okay, everyone! You remember what we learned last week, right? So, today is the day! Brace yourselves, we're gonna sketch nature and animals!

Ever since Ruby experienced her private adventure as a cowboy, she felt more conneted to the nature around her more than ever before. So after that and after watching some Camp Pining Hearts she decided to teach a thing or two to others as a scout. She sure enjoyed it.

Ruby : I'm gonna ask you to feel the beauty of everything that surrounds you. Draw it with your heart! And then, you'll have the honor of receiving this (holds up a badge) "Nature Sketching Badge"! Let's go! No time to waste!

Larimar and Zebra Jasper excitedly run into the forest. Later, Ruby and Steven walk and talk together

Ruby : So what did you want to talk about?

Steven : Every time I'm talking with Connie, I just realize that she knows exactly what she wants to do with her life, and I don't. When we're Stevonnie, I feel ready for anything. But on my own, I feel lost and stuck. I... *sighs* Ruby, what do I want?

Ruby : Wow, that's a tough one...I mean I've been in your shoes

Steven remembers the entire cowboy thing well, it was similar to his own. Garnet wasn't there, Sapphire left and Ruby had to be on her own.

Steven : I know! Connie will probably go far away for college. And I'm gonna stay here, not knowing what to do and so far from her! I want to stay with her, like you and Sapphire...

...*paus* Wait, all I want to do is be with Connie, so maybe that means that... Connie is my future!

Ruby : *excited, running* STEVEN STEVEN STEVEN STEVEN STEVEN- *sees fire under her feet* Woop! *runs off to grab a towel and puts it on the grass, putting it out* Ah! STEVEN! Propose!

Steven : What? Propose? Well, Ruby, I'm not-I'm not sure if this is, uh...

Ruby : Don't say you haven't thought about it.

Steven : *blushes* I...Of course, I have.

Ruby : *jumps onto him* Do it! DO IT! DO IT!

Steven : Y-you sure?

Ruby : Buddy! It worked for me! And honestly have you ever heard anyone telling you a proposal is a bad idea? Connie? Jamie?

Steven : N-no!

Ruby : Then do it! If you do it, you'll have the honor of receiving this... *holds up a badge* proposal badge!

*Steven gasps* If you're not so sure...You should ask someone who can *winks* see the future.