Bluebird Attacks

In the arena of gem training, a clash of blades is present. Not one to the death but out of practice. After wild adventures he went through, Jamie decided that it's finally time and learn how to fight. He is not much of physical force against a much stronger opponent, however he is quite agile.

And that gave him an idea, and reminded of Pearl's swordsmanship. Pearl is not as physically strong as Garnet or Bismuth but she is fierce in her speed and sword skill which was perfect style for Jamie. After all he can be elegant like Pearl.... eventually

Today he came to practice again and slowly he does get progress.

(In training arena)

Pearl and Jamie trade blows, with Pearl not breaking a sweat. Jamie on the other hand was sweating a lot.

His dedication surely pays off, as Pearl looks on proudly.

Pearl : Connie was like that too, my humans do surprise with their stubborness

Jamie : We are in a way. *sighs* What can I say.

On the sidelines, the two gems were cheering for her human partner.

Garny: I still don't understand why all of this is necessary. Jamie has me... *Moonstone glares at her*...us to defend him, he doesn't need any training with some low level pearl.

Moonstone : You do realise that we are not always around him? First Citrine, then that green *thing*, then those travels he had with Otar....I don't think that uncontrolled pink power and luck will be enough.

Jamie took a break from sparring as he noded

Jamie : Yeah, and I don't think I'll walk away so easily every time.

Pearl : About that pinkness, you still don't know how to control it?

Jamie : No...not yet. Didn't had the time really, I mean I did ask Steven and Lars about it, but Lars isn't certain if my case is same as his and Steven? Well he only recently obtained his own glowing powers. I'm not exactly pink, only on my back scar.

Pearl gave it a thought . She remembers them training Steven with his powers, which wasn't easy. At frist Steven couldn't even properly use the shield at least until one strange uncle came in which she prefers not to remind herself, but Steven did learn to use them eventually via his concetration and emotional mindset.

Pearl : Wait maybe that's it!

Garny : What is it Pearl?" She said in low tone

Pearl sighs as she continues

Pearl : Steven's powers are depending on his emotions. Maybe if you focus, you will conjure enough strength to project a weapon or a shield

Jamie never thought of that, nwo that he thinks about it...maybe he should've as it mainly worked around the time he felt extreme danger for himself or his friends.

Jamie : Maybe....

Jamie put his sword down as he made his way to edge of the arena

Moosntone : uhm Jamie what are you doing?

Jamie responded with "Just in case"

Jamie looked on first into the clouds, he liked this place. It makes him feel relieved and in a way free as eagle. "It's beautiful here really, but that will be later"

But back to the topic, he lifted his hand, closing his eyes and concentrating. For a moment, there was nothing. He pushed his attempts further, there was a glitch in front of him seconds later. Pearl could see that it was visible but transparent which meant it is unstable.